“Friends Weekend”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #54 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was the first time I stayed there and I was thrilled with the staff and the hotel. The location was perfect for walking and transportation. The price was reasonable for the location close to all our needs.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor outside a few sirens all was good. Room was a little too cold when we arri...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TmTrLv4
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2014

Dear TmTrLv4,

Thank you very much for the time to write a review - we are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Robert Humphrey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Terrible body /nasty orders on the 17th floor. complained many times but it was not fixed. Had to literally hold my breath while waiting for an elevator , and almost vomited from the odors being piped in thru the ventilation system. Terrible!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear jack h,

I am so sorry about your recent experience. This is not a common occurrence as you can tell by our Trip Advisor reviews. I am unaware of what odor you are referring to and I would like to speak to further about it. Please email me at gm@comfortsuiteschicago.com and we can exchange phone numbers.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

For the price, this is an excellent option for central Chicago. We had a large suite with a kitchen, and the breakfast is decent. Staff very friendly and helpful. This is on Michigan Ave. just south of the river, so within walking distance of many attractions and restaurants. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less traffic noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John G

Dear John G,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is very close in proximity to many Chicago area attractions.

Please contact me directly the next time you would like to stay in Chicago.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed for 10 days. No problems with lifts despite being on 23rd floor. Room was quiet, Except for the air con (every hotel seems to have super noisy aircon) and spacious and comfortable. Didn't need the cooker but the hob looked a bit the worse for wear. Breakfast fine and with decent choice. But the waste from everything being disposable! Space can be at a premium after 0800 even with the overspill into the conference room but we always got a seat and table. N.B. Water needs to be hot not warm to make a good cup of tea, not always the case atbreakfast or at the coffee/tea station behind the lobby. Overall a good choice as so convenient for the Loop/millennium and Grant Park and Magnificent Mile

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jane W,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to learn that your stay was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed our spacious suites, amenities, location and our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from England.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I and my group visited Chicago for 5 days and this suite made my days.

It was a great experience. Nice suite in the heart of Chicago. Walking distance to river walk, Millenium park and many other attractions. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Tanachai T

Dear Tanachai T,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled that our spacious rooms, cleanliness, location and service exceeded your expectations. On behalf of my team we look forward to your return visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My Son and I came to tour colleges in Chicago? We were impressed again by the professionalism of the staff. Tian was a great help as where the rest of the front desk crew when we needed direction, food options or area info. The rooms are spacious and very clean, get a corner room on a higher floor if you can, the view is great. I travel a lot for work, and see many not so fine establishments, the maintenance and cleaning staff do a fantastic job here. No question that we will be back again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Seventhson63

Dear Seventhson63,

Thank you for making Comfort Suites during your families College visit. I am elated to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities, room size, location and mainly our service had so much to do with that. On behalf of my team we look forward to welcoming you back from Wisconsin very soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a great hotel. Took a mini vacation in my own city and loved the Comfort Suites. Great room and a great view! Being a tourist in Chicago is really fun!! I would love to do it every weekend!
Great staff and really knowledgable front desk. All of the bells and whistles and the bed was really comfortable, Great location !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulahoot

Dear paulahoot,

Thank you for spending your stay vacation with us. I am delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful stay and that our amenities, room size, location and particularly our service all exceeded your expectations. On behalf of my team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!