“Great set-up on Michigan Ave”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #54 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Our family stayed here over the Thanksgiving Holiday. This a great place to stay and has everything we needed: a spacious & clean suite, ideal location to just about everything, a nice breakfast and a pleasant and helpful staff. We thought parking would be a problem but it wasn't. Elevators are tiny but they worked fine and never had any problems. Only thing we didn't enjoy were the powdered eggs on 1 of the days we stayed, but they had plenty to choose from. This is a great value and we'll be coming back! Thanks Comfort Suites staff!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was happy to read that the staff help enhance your Thanksgiving in Chicago. We are thrilled you enjoyed your spacious suite, our location and our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,907)

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I stayed here one night on a business trip and had a lovely (if all too short) stay. I arrived on the Orange Line from Midway Airport and enjoyed my short walk to the front door. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and good humored and offered me a room on one of the top floors, which I gladly accepted. I had a nice view and found the room very comfortable, quiet, and clean. I would love coming back here with my husband and daughter, as the kitchenette, storage space, and living area are well sized for a small family.

The whole place is very clean and tidy. No frayed carpet, no banged up furniture, no mildew lurking under the caulking in the bathroom, etc. It makes for a more comfortable stay. The free breakfast was also good, nothing extravagant but definitely on the better end of the curve for hotels of this type. Oh... and did I mention the jacuzzi tub in my king suite? That was a nice bonus!!

The next time I come to Chicago - and I will be back - I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience. I am glad you found our location convenient for business and that your commute from the airport easy. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the features of your suite and the cleanliness of our hotel met your expectations. We hope to welcome you back for a longer trip next time.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

We stayed in a one bedroom, Queen suite. The view from the living room was of MIchigan Avenue and the river. It was just great to watch the boat traffic on the river and all the shoppers on the street. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator etc. with plenty of dishes. The furnishings are comfortable and new. This is a very nice hotel. It is walking distance from Millenium Park and the Art Institue and a short cab ride to the Field Museum. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance in a great neighborhood for walking after dark.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

The staff of the Comfort Suites thanks you for your review. We were happy to learn you enjoyed our stunning city views and our location that is convenient to all of the major attractions in Chicago. We take great pride in the upkeep of our suites and am glad you witnessed that first hand. I hope to meet you during your next visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2010

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Most imporant is the quality of the hotel and value, to have a suite with all amenities along Michigan Ave. is a great deal!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

The staff of the Comfort Suites thanks you for your review and kind comments. I am so glad that you find great value in our all suite Michigan Avenue hotel and find our staff friendly and helpful. We hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2010

Loved this hotel - all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our one bedroom suite was a great size, tastefully furnished and very clean.

Location-wise it was excellent - close walking distance to most attractions and right at the start of the Magnificent Mile.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was so glad to read you enjoyed our spacious suites and our perfect downtown Chicago location. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 November 2010

This hotel has many advantages, but I would not stay here again unless they fix their Internet.

The first day the Ethernet cable was broke (there is no wireless internet in the rooms), but the second day I got a new one - and the second day it worked OK (although I prefer wireless, especially in a hotel room!).
The third day the internet was completely down, and only worked downstairs and not at all in the rooms.
The fourth day it was incredibly slow, and the fifth day it went down every now and then.

I think I lost about four, five hours of work just because the unreliable internet connection! In less than a week.

That is not acceptable in a business hotel!
Not in 2010.
And not in USA and downtown Chicago.

Although everything else was fine, I will not return until there is a wireless, functioning internet connection in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

We truly appreciate your feedback, I am sorry for the internet issues, we take this issue very seriously and will investigate this at once and ensure this does not happen in the future. We do hope you stay with us again, thank you.

Reviewed 9 November 2010

The overall experience was fabulous. The room, the view of the city, the hospitality, the service was five stars. This was my first stay at a Comfort Suites and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

We appreciate your review and comments. I am happy that our hotel and staff made you feel at home and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest during your next trip.