“Nice, neighborhood place”

Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice, neighborhood place”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this small, neighborhood Lebanese restaurant. I had a Groupon for a four-course dinner for two and took a Lebanese friend of mine. She enjoyed it as much as I did. The owner/manager is kind and friendly. The baba ganoush was the best I tasted. He provided a sample of the hummus, was was delicious too, althought I like lots of garlic. I loved the lentil soup so much, I was trying to get the recipe. :-) For an entree, I had the special, which was grilled salmon in a white wine sauce in couscous with raisins -- absolutely delicious. And we had dessert of a vanilla pudding and baklava with a couple sauces. I plan to bring more friends with me next time. It's a gem of a place.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tigger1971

Chicago, Illinois
“absolutely delicious”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

When we walked inside, we noticed the charm of a small restaurant with intimate atmosphere, artsy portraits on the walls, and soft French music in the background.
Youssef, the owner, took excellent care of us making main dishes to order and just by being attentive and super nice.
We had hummus and lamb sausages for appetizers, and beef for entrees. And we got a bite of mouthwatering baklava to finish the dinner. Sincerely, it was the best meal I've ever had in a Middle Eastern restaurant.
Just bring cash with you as you can't pay with a credit card there. Anyway, the dinner at Maza made our night out just perfect.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Maza? Share your experiences!