“Sam & George, aka S&G is a wonderful place to eat with family and friends”

Sam & George's Restaurant
Ranked #1,103 of 9,812 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Description: Sam & George's (S&G) is a family-run restaurant that has been serving the Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago since 1957. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a cozy, casual, kid-friendly environment. We have a large food menu (we're famous for our skillets) and we also serve mimosas and bloody marys, as well as wine and beer. We have daily specials every weekday. We accept credit cards and takeout orders.
Reviewed 31 August 2011

AKA Sam & George, whatever you call it, you will certainly enjoy the food. This is a true story. I was visiting the area because my wife and I will be transferring from Houston next year. I was about 75% sure I wanted to move to this place until I visited this restaurant. Now, I am absolutely 100% positive I want to live in this city. These people made that big of an impression on my family and I! The food was great and the staff was magnificent! This is going to be a regular hangout for us during our visits and we will continue going after we move there.

Reviewed 22 August 2007

Sam & George's (S&G) is a great Greek diner. It's one of my "go-to" spots for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Nothing is spectacular or unusual, what you get here is typical Greek diner fare. The atmosphere is what you would expect, nothing fancy, with some booths, some tables, and a counter in the front. But the food is consistently good and the service is always above average. The place is particularly crowded on the weekends for breakfast, and expect to wait for a table if you go between the hours of 10:30-12:30. My favorites are the split pea soup (ask for it with the croutons), and the chili is much better (and spicier) than most diners. They also have several Greek specialty items on the menu such as spanakopita (spinach pie), which is also very good. Really, you can't go wrong with anything you order. If you're looking for good diner food with pleasant waitstaff, this is the place for you.

1  Thank jujeebaby

Been to Sam & George's Restaurant? Share your experiences!