“Outstanding burgers”

Ranked #1,188 of 9,493 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Description: Blue Frog’s Local 22 serves Chicago’s best burgers and beer. We offer local draft beers and have a spectacular menu of burgers, sandwiches, wings, and more.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Outstanding burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. They have a great selection of beers both on tap and in bottles. Typically I don't expect much from pub grub. This place is a true exception. They have a great menu and if burgers are your thing, this is the place for you!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank bicyclemark
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thanks for the 5 stars! I couldn't be happier to hear that you and your wife were so impressed with our burgers. Hope to see you both again soon!

Detroit, Michigan
“Great good and fun times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Underrated food, the burgers and pretty good and the tater tots we awesome. Went there twice while I was in time and both times it was pretty good. A lot of food.

Visited January 2014
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed eating with us—we work hard to wow our guests with fresh, flavorful food. Hope to have you back for more burgers and tots soon!

Sartell, Minnesota
“Fun little bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

In town for a weekend get-away. We came across this place just walking on the street. We had dinner and drinks. Service was great and food was good for bar food. Fun place to stop and have drinks with friends.

• Visited December 2013
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you decided to stop by and had a nice experience. The next time you're in Chicago, you know where to find us!

Riverview, Florida
“Great Local Place....even for Out of Towners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I were in Chicago the week before Thanksgiving for an anniversary trip. On Thursday we went to The Local for dinner. The beer selection was varied and very good. Our server was knowledgeable about the local brews, and helped my husband with his selection. The food was great. I got a cheeseburger, perfectly done, and my husband got the Italian sandwich (the Capone or something like that) and said it was great. The fries were the best! The atmosphere was fine....could definitely tell it was a local hang out place for after work, but we didn't mind that at all. The owner/manager even walked by and checked to make sure we were good. Overall great experience...and we would return again next time in Chicago! Good location, right off of Mag Mile for any tourist, walkable from tons of hotels.

• Visited November 2013
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Happy to hear you and your husband had a great time with us, Tamara! Thanks for writing a review—much appreciated. The next time you're in town and craving a burger and beer, you know where to find us!

Minnesota
“Good choice for a quick dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

As we had seen this bar on "Bar Rescue" AND it was right next to our hotel we decided to eat there. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. There was no "odor" when we walked in the door as I had read in one review (and I would have noticed, odor's bother me). It was around 7pm the night before Thanksgiving and the place was about 1/3 full of patrons. We were seated immediately and our order was taken as soon as WE were able to decide. (we tend to be slow in this aspect). My daughter knew she just wanted a salad so she ordered her's while my husband and I ordered beers. So they brought her salad out with our beers rather than with our burgers, which I found a bit odd. My daughter didn't care for the Caesar salad much, said it was too dry, my husband I both thought it was tasty with perhaps a homemade dressing? Both of our burgers were good and served on homemade buns, although it's a bit too much bun for a 6 oz burger for my taste. There were too options that came as a side, either potato chips OR pasta salad. The pasta salad helping was much bigger than I was expecting as a side dish, and was good tasting with some veggies added into it. (I find many restaurant pasta salads can be bland). So while the food was not "bowl you over amazing" it was good, and the beer choice was nice, so we enjoyed our meal, AND being so close to our hotel.

• Visited November 2013
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Glad to hear you had a nice time with us overall! I'm sorry your daughter didn't care for the Caesar salad, though, and I apologize that it was brought too early. I'll certainly pass along that feedback to my staff.

The next time you're in Chicago, you know where to find us!

All the best,