“All HYPE...but a notta” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,240 of 9,464 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Description: Blue Frog’s Local 22 serves Chicago’s best burgers and beer. We offer local draft beers and have a spectacular menu of burgers, sandwiches, wings, and more.
Ludington, Michigan
“All HYPE...but a notta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Was so excited to come here after the Bar Rescue show. Finally able to come tonight while we are in town. NOT impressed. Sausage poppers were burnt and also tasted like warm tomatoes. Wings were wings... Nothing special.

Service was less than desirable. Had to ask for appetizer plates, napkins and yes...silverware.

Save your money!!

John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I'm sorry to hear you were underwhelmed, Marta. Since appearing on Bar Rescue, we've been working really hard to show our customers a 5-star time, and it's a shame we fell short. That said, I appreciate your honest feedback and will be sure to pass it along to the kitchen and waitstaff. (For the record, if you ever decide to come back and find a dish to be overcooked, just let your server know. We would have been happy to send those sausage poppers back to the kitchen for you.)

Despite your first experience, I hope you'll consider giving us a second chance the next time you're in Chicago. We'd love another opportunity to wow you with tasty food and warm, welcoming service.

Take care,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Mmmmm... sweet potato fries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We came here on a Saturday night while in town celebrating my daughter's 20th birthday. In addition to myself and my daughter, our party consisted of my daughter's boyfriend and my adult son. We started out with mac & cheese bites and fought each other for the last one. Superb! They each ordered The Loop burger and loved it, while I enjoyed Da Back of the Yard burger with sweet potato fries. The fries were melt in your mouth good and the burger was simply amazing. We also enjoyed some craft beers while there. We received great service from Ben.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thanks for the 5 stars! Impressing our guests with delicious food and attentive service is always our goal, and it's great to hear we hit the nail on the head when you came in. (I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Ben, too. He'll appreciate them.) The next time you're in Chicago, you know where to find us!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy burgers, fun karaoke, crappy drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Went on a Saturday night and ordered the Local 22 burger which was huge and delicious. Ordered a few drinks that were not up to par. How can you mess up a margarita? The bartender figured out how by adding orange juice to it, who does that? Since the margarita was messed up I figured I'd give them something easy to make so I ordered a tequila sunrise. Very simple drink to make and it tasted awful! My girlfriend ordered a long island and said it didn't taste right. So my conclusion, stick to the food and order a soda. The karaoke was fun. There were a lot of people there but it was a fun crowd.

Visited February 2014
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Glad you enjoyed the Local 22 burger and had a nice time with us! I'm sorry you and your friend weren't impressed with our cocktails, though. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised—our bartenders know what they're doing—but I understand that different people have different tastes, and I appreciate your honest feedback. (For the record, if you're not a fan of how we mix drinks, we have a large beer selection with a lot of tasty options.)

Anyway, thanks for the review. If you're ever back in Chicago, you know where to find us!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Outstanding burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. They have a great selection of beers both on tap and in bottles. Typically I don't expect much from pub grub. This place is a true exception. They have a great menu and if burgers are your thing, this is the place for you!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank bicyclemark
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thanks for the 5 stars! I couldn't be happier to hear that you and your wife were so impressed with our burgers. Hope to see you both again soon!

Detroit, Michigan
“Great good and fun times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Underrated food, the burgers and pretty good and the tater tots we awesome. Went there twice while I was in time and both times it was pretty good. A lot of food.

Visited January 2014
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed eating with us—we work hard to wow our guests with fresh, flavorful food. Hope to have you back for more burgers and tots soon!

John Reed, Owner

Been to Blue Frog's Local 22? Share your experiences!