“Nice place for a quick bite”
Review of Cicchetti

Cicchetti
Ranked #2,023 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
san francisco
“Nice place for a quick bite”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A good variety on the menu, and nice selections of wine by the glass. Portions are on the small side which makes the prices seem higher. Good option of a quick lunch when having meeting across the street at the Hyatt.

Visited May 2014

St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Bold favors”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We arrived early 6:00 pm and were told we we lucky there was a cancelation so that we could be seated. The room never filled throughout our meal? The server was very good, navigating us through the gastro delights and suggesting his favorites. We had the meatball app. ( very good depth of flavors ) exellent. Next was the carpaccio, also very good ! The short rib ravioli, mushroom risotto , flat bread pizza all had been well thought out and were very good. My only negative comment would be that if you are going to have an open kitchen you need to convey to your employees that people who are very experienced in kitchens might be watching. Saw several instances of procedure that are very common but when you are on display can't happen. Young girl touching her hair or face, sweeping floor and not hitting hand sink, expediter also the same. Only the big man on the end, I saw him hit the hand sink on four occasions to clean up , he was awesome. Don't get me wrong this kitchen was generally immaculate, I would not hesitate to go back for the amazing flavors. But if you put your staff on display ??

Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Trendy dining room and inventive menu”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

One of the newer trendy additions to the dining scene in Chicago, Cicchetti is a great dining option if you find yourself on Michigan Avenue in search of something that isn't a tourist trap and more for somebody who's really in the know.

The dining room is gorgeous. You'll be awed by huge reclaimed wood columns that fill the double volume space. They appear to have been reclaimed from an old relic of a building and retrofitted for the restaurant which makes the whole environment feel even more special when you realize the detail and tears they had to go through to realize the endeavor.

The design of the space is breathtaking in its level of detail without a sense of being only fussy. Everything feels light, warm and casual while still maintaining a sense of something special. Raw wood, warm earth tones and clean lines.

The menu is a reflection of the design. Every dish is beautifully plated in its simple yet hearty way. There is no gimmickry here, just honest yet inspired good cooking. I've attached images of the menus for you to get your mouth watering.

I felt the food was a little salty overall, but the dishes that stood out were the Charred Baby Squid (in squid in kith black garlic and creamy polenta), Roasted Baby Eggplant (dehydrated cauliflower gratin, charred brussels sprouts) and please please save space for their Tiramisu. They freeze the tiramisu in liquid nitrogen and then mix it up in gelato. OMG. It's super good.

All in all a very special experience worth repeating in Chicago, especially with its very blessed location just off the Magnificent Mile. It only misses a 5 star rating because of a meal that was too salty for many of the people in my party.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Enjoy alfresco dining”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My friend had booked dinner at Cicchetti. It was on the Chicago magazine top 10 list of restaurants to try (May 2014). We had a gorgeous summer night, when you want to sit outside. Comfy sofas. Hospital was nearby, thankfully only heard ambulance go by a few times. We shared a salad and the braised short rib raviloli. Yes, short rib! Server wasn't around too often. Which I guess is good. It is a lovely night and we were not in a rush.

• Visited May 2014
San Francisco, California
“Average”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had read good reviews on this restaurant so was anxious to try it. I thought the food was okay. Service was definitely good - our server was friendly and accommodating. I dined with a friend who liked the food a lot. So I guess it just depends on what you order and what you like.

Visited May 2014