“NICE PLACE, BAD FOOD/SERVICE”

Summer House Santa Monica
Reserve with OpenTable
Summer House Santa Monica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 10,803 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Our first time, waiter, sadly,bad service, he didn't put ANY effort to be nice or kind, we order and our order was wrong or something was missing
We were 6 people, we have to call him more than 4-5 times
he just ignore us
Burger was ok but overprice

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I have enjoyed this location for breakfast and lunch. I LOVE the lemon ricotta pancakes, they are delicious. This is a very active location, but they do take reservations and I would recommend getting them if you can.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I wasn't wowed by the food. The ambiance is wonderful though and there is excellent service. The cookies are to DIE for. I get them every few weeks.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I had been here before for dinner but my wife and daughter and son-in-law went here for brunch. We asked to be seated in the more lighted middle area with glass above. It was very crowded. The service was very good. Two of us had the avocado toast, with a sunny side up egg. My wife had an egg dish but they have fresh ingredients in many dishes. I had a chicken with avocado and cheese sandwich and sweet potato fries. All of the food was delicious. They also have a bakery with many interesting cookie varieties- including gluten free desserts. We got the mated milk chocolate chip cookies and the gluten free chocolate chip cookies and the crispy chocolate chip cookies with chunks of rice crispy treats on top of the cookie. I recommend this place very much. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

First off, make a reservation for brunch. I did several days in advance and lucked out that a noon reservation that had to be the result of a cancelation as the only other times were 9:30 or 3:00.

The place was packed when we arrived Saturday at 12. We were seated around 12:10. Greeted quickly by the server and ordered a drink. The atmosphere and menu is California all over. Bright, relaxing with health conscience options. I had a Bloody Mary which I only have occasionally since most don’t do it for me. This version was very good.

I got the Spanish hashbrowns which have over easy eggs, avocado, cheese, peppers. It was just what I was looking for. I also go a side of the bacon and house made sausage. The bacon was excellent. Great smoked flavor, chewy and thick. The sausage had good flavor but a little on the dry side. My wife got a sandwich. She thought it came with a salad but the default is fries. We mentioned this to the server and brought the salad quickly and let us keep the fries at no charge.

There is also a bakery up front of you want to grab a pastry.

I really great place.