“Beautiful theatre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oriental Theatre

Oriental Theatre
Ranked #54 of 631 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Broadway In Chicago was created in July 2000 and over the past 15 years has grown to be one of the largest commercial touring homes in the country. A Nederlander Presentation, Broadway In Chicago lights up the Chicago Theater District entertaining up to 1.7 million people annually in five theatres. Broadway In Chicago presents a full range of entertainment, including musicals and plays, on the stages of five of the finest theatres in Chicago's Loop including The PrivateBank Theatre, Oriental Theatre, Cadillac Palace Theatre, and the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University and just off the Magnificent Mile, the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place.
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Gorgeous theatre! We booked tickets last minute and got back row seats in Orchestra Right. Excellent view and no problems in seeing stage. It appeared to me when looking around theatre that this is one of those gems which there is no 'bad seat', i.e blocked viewing. It is rare to find one of these more intimate, smaller venues which is what this seemed to me. Interesting architecture and details as well (bonus).

1 Thank Mary D

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Motown Musical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I enjoyed Motown musical so much because of the energy from all the performers and how good the singing and dancing was same moves to all my favorite hits from back in the day, I myself got carried away with joining in on the singing. My son chase surprised me and gifted my sisters as well with tickets to the show on Sunday. We had a great time it will always be a lasting memory. Kathleen

4 Thank kathleen f
Columbia, Missouri
205 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 255 helpful votes
“Beautiful theatre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went to the Oriental Theatre last night to see Motown the Musical. The theatre was very ornate and comfortable. Great place to see a show. We had seats in the dress circle which I thought were too far from the stage. If I went back, I would only sit in the orchestra.

1 Thank John S
Los Banos, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Enjoyed "Motown" musical”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The theatre has a few stories to climb. Once you get to your section to view the play, the first thing I did was to look up at the ceiling. Somewhat gaudy and very ornate. All in all, it was exciting to be sitting there knowing that it came with a lot of history!

chicago
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“Worth seeing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Not being a huge Motown music fan, went to see it on recommendations of friends. The singing and dancing were wonderful and the historical prospective interesting. There was no down time..it went from scene to scene flawlessly and kept me entertained. What was disturbing, however, was the movie theater eating of some of the patrons ..the odor of fried chicken being eaten by the patron.in front of me was annoying as well as the sounds of popcorn bags being opened and enjoyed by another. Since when is this acceptable in a beautiful venue such as this? If one can't dine before or after the show then don't bring in food that smells or makes noise!

3 Thank chicagotoots