“Better on Tour.”

and up
Blue Man Group at the Briar Street Theater in Chicago
Ranked #6 of 179 Concerts & Shows in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: BLUE MAN GROUP is a popular theatrical show in Chicago that has been called "visually stunning," "wildly inventive," and "hysterically funny." The show takes a closer look at the technology that both surrounds and isolates us, showcasing technogeek ingenuity while uniting the audience in primal, collective exhilaration. With no spoken language, Blue Man Group is perfect for people of all ages (5+), languages, and cultures.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
289 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Better on Tour.”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I bought tickets for the Blue Man Group for half price while eating lunch in downtown Chicago as my wife had never seen them, and well, you only live once. Ask around when you get to town as there are many reputable ticket vendors that can save you hundreds on tickets to show across town. We made our way north for the show and were glad when it started as there were quite a few fieldtrips that needed some sort of entertainment. The show was written and produced well, but I had seen them on tour and it was not as epic as I remember the tour being. At least my wife enjoyed herself and we made it back to the river north section of town without getting lost. It is a great experience to see at least once, but if you have seen them before I would advise you to look for something else, as the city has a lot of stage options.

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Awesome Show”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Briar Street Theater by cab about 4:45 Friday night. Everything was very organized with lots of staff to point you in the right direction to get seated. The 5:00 show started a little late, but it was more than worth it. The show was hilarious from the start, there was a lot of variety that kept us entertained, with some great music along the way.

Visited December 2013
Illinois
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“I just don't get it”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

A bunch of percussionists painted blue playing non-traditional instruments and a laser light show. I guess that it is meant to speak to some primal urges that I just do not have

Visited January 2013
1 Thank spinkick
Ypsilanti, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Blue Man Group was more fun than I anticipated”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Recently our grandson turned 18 years old and we offered to take him and a friend for a trip to a nearby city and a show of his choice. After a little research, he chose the Blue Man Group in Chicago. We went by train from Milwaukee to Union Station, then spent the afternoon in Chicago, finishing up with the Blue Man Group. It was a blast. Even though I'm over sixty, I found the energy and humor of the group to be a lot of fun. I think Caleb and his girlfriend also had a great time. It is a little quirky, but lots of fun.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Charlie3384
Peoria, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Blue Man Group”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very unique stage act! These guys are loud, and their stage antics are appreciated by adults & adolescents alike.
The show features a rock band plus the 'blue guys' who perform without speaking, playing unique amplified "instruments" made of PVC pipes, and splashing paint to create 1-of-a-kind masterpieces during the show. If you sit in the front rows near the stage, you can opt to wear a poncho to protect yourself from splashing paint & other stuff...
The stage show is entertaining, and has a great deal of color, changing props & loud rock & roll.
Shop online for a discounted tickets, but this is something everyone should see!!!

Visited October 2013

Been to Blue Man Group? Share your experiences!