“totally worth going”

and up
Blue Man Group at the Briar Street Theater in Chicago
Ranked #10 of 182 Concerts & Shows in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: BLUE MAN GROUP is a popular theatrical show in Chicago that has been called "visually stunning," "wildly inventive," and "hysterically funny." The show takes a closer look at the technology that both surrounds and isolates us, showcasing technogeek ingenuity while uniting the audience in primal, collective exhilaration. With no spoken language, Blue Man Group is perfect for people of all ages (5+), languages, and cultures.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When i read about chicago, most advice said "Must go to the Blue Man Group" and I am here to say its true!! I went and LOVED it. it was funny, interactive, full of movement and non-expected things. to me the best part was when they let the big balls fall. (lol) it was a laughing out loud place. the first rows were amazing. the other ones (where i sat) were okay. anyways even i you sat in the worst seats you loved it as much as if you watched it in the firsts rows. its so funny. its worth going if you have kids too.

2  Thank Emily Gramos G

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We liked our seats in the M row - close enough to see well, yet not requiring the plastic ponchos in the front. It lasts just shy of 1:45. They could edit the length of the some of the audience participation elements that dragged just a little. But overall, we laughed and had loads of fun. We did not have our kids but could see bringing them in the future. Make sure to be on time unless you'd like to miss some of the great beginning sketches and become part of the show!

There is a Divvy bike drop off a couple of blocks away - see the app map. We enjoyed renting a Divvy from Millennium Park and biking the 5 miles along the lake shore and then to the theater with one bike trade in the middle. It was also easy to catch a bus off Belmont to the blue line. We walked from the theater to dinner in the area at the Mayan Palace Mexican restaurant that was very tasty.

1  Thank Carleton_Alumna
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We splurged for front row seats and were thankful or the plastic ponchos they gave us which only did a marginal job of keeping the banana bits out of our hair and clothing. The show was fun and perfect for families. It was my second time seeing it and they had changed just enough since the last time to keep my interest. If I go again I will buy tickets for the middle of the theater - I think that is actually probably the best seat in the house because we missed a bit because we were just too close to see what was happening above us. As before, the blue men were nice enough to pose for photos with our family afterwards.
Well done blue men!!

1  Thank ktailer
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First time to a BMG show, the family enjoyed it. Show moves quickly, is humorous and the audience participates. We sat in the "splash" zone (2nd row) but did not get splattered with too much. The Briar street theater is a good venue for the show and it has some good eats in the neighborhood. The "L" stop (Belmont on red or brown line) is a short 2.5 block walk and the area felt safe after the show. If you have never seen these guys...pit it on your to do list.

3  Thank Jerry F
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My second Blueman group show (first saw them in Toronto 15 years ago) and still highly entertaining. We took our 12, 9, 7 your old kids with us this time and they all thought it was an "amazing" show. What I like about the Blueman group is that it always makes you think and the show is stimulating ALL your senses. Nothing better then loud music, aggressive drumming, and paint! Can't get enough of that.

1  Thank Hightimes4me