“Great fun, but not what we expected ”
Review of Blue Man Group

and up
Blue Man Group at the Briar Street Theater in Chicago
Ranked #8 of 180 Concerts & Shows in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: BLUE MAN GROUP is a popular theatrical show in Chicago that has been called "visually stunning," "wildly inventive," and "hysterically funny." The show takes a closer look at the technology that both surrounds and isolates us, showcasing technogeek ingenuity while uniting the audience in primal, collective exhilaration. With no spoken language, Blue Man Group is perfect for people of all ages (5+), languages, and cultures.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Frisco, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great fun, but not what we expected ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the 5PM Sat. Evening show. We were highly entertained but expected more of a "percussion" show. There was lots of audience participation and we know it would be a fun show for families. The first five rows in the main seating area were the "splash zone" and the first four rows on the sides. We sat in row M and could see the whole show. All the rows behind the splash zone were inclined and would be fine. We rode the red line "L" to the Belmont stop and liked that we didn't have to worry about parking ($14 by the theatre). There was a cash bar (sodas- $4, wine/beer $6-7). Overall it was a lot of fun!

1 Thank TMH05

• Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Second time we've seen, still strong -- but needs more new material”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you have not seen the BMG, I would highly recommend doing so. If this were my first review of them, I would be giving them 5 stars.
Having seen them a number of years back with my family, we decided to see them again. We all had a good time and agreed that while still very entertaining, BMG needed to develop more new material. We paid about $100 per seat. And based on that price, we hoped to experience more. This is why our review for our last experience is 4 out of 5. Seeing them a second time lacked the initial experience of their unique performance and style of entertainment. With that gone, we hoped to see new material (as was advertised). But the percentage of older material was high. There were a few times where the performance dragged, particularly when selecting audience participants. This was unfortunate, as selecting the participants wasn't an entertaining part of the show.

Again, if you have not seen, I highly recommend checking them out.

Having seen them twice over the years, my family and I agree that we will probably not see them again.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brought My Out Of Town Guests Here And They LOVED IT!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our small group was treated with great courtesy by the front desk and sales department. The show was just the right mix of special effects, music, and humor. I didn't want it to end. Great fun.

1 Thank Anthony B
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“totally worth going”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When i read about chicago, most advice said "Must go to the Blue Man Group" and I am here to say its true!! I went and LOVED it. it was funny, interactive, full of movement and non-expected things. to me the best part was when they let the big balls fall. (lol) it was a laughing out loud place. the first rows were amazing. the other ones (where i sat) were okay. anyways even i you sat in the worst seats you loved it as much as if you watched it in the firsts rows. its so funny. its worth going if you have kids too.

2 Thank Emily Gramos G
Minneapolis, Minnesota
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great percussion, stunts and humor - entertaining!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We liked our seats in the M row - close enough to see well, yet not requiring the plastic ponchos in the front. It lasts just shy of 1:45. They could edit the length of the some of the audience participation elements that dragged just a little. But overall, we laughed and had loads of fun. We did not have our kids but could see bringing them in the future. Make sure to be on time unless you'd like to miss some of the great beginning sketches and become part of the show!

There is a Divvy bike drop off a couple of blocks away - see the app map. We enjoyed renting a Divvy from Millennium Park and biking the 5 miles along the lake shore and then to the theater with one bike trade in the middle. It was also easy to catch a bus off Belmont to the blue line. We walked from the theater to dinner in the area at the Mayan Palace Mexican restaurant that was very tasty.

1 Thank Carleton_Alumna

Been to Blue Man Group? Share your experiences!