“Shakespeare Rocks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier

Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
Ranked #11 of 179 Concerts & Shows in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Recipient of the Regional Theatre Tony Award, Chicago Shakespeare Theater offers a broad spectrum of theatrical experiences year-round, engaging and entertaining audiences from all walks of life and from around the world.
Schaumburg
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Shakespeare Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chicago Shakespeare Theater is a gem of a theater in Chicago. It's productions both traditional and modern are great productions of the Bard's work. Their season is rounded out with other shows that provide a great variety for the avid theatre goer.

3 attraction reviews
“A Midsummer's Night Dream in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've lived in Chicago practically all my life but I have never gone to the Shakespeare Theatre. I've learned about Shakespeare in school before but his plays never quite interested me, most likely cause of the old English language used which caused me to not understand much of the dialogue. For my sister's class she needed to go to see a Shakespeare play, so I tagged along. Best idea ever. The play started on time, the stage for the performance was located in the middle, with the seats forming an arc around. The best thing I liked about the play was that one of the main characters came out before the play started and made the audience feel comfortable with the language and if you still could not understand, then he pointed out that we should just watch the body language because that would convey their message. We watched Midsummer's Night Dream which was a short play compared to other Shakespeare plays played at the theatre as well as half the price. The story is comical and very easy to follow. I happen to see a lot of children, so definitely think about taking the whole family so they can experience true Shakespeare. After the play, they had Q & A with the actors on stage. Afterwards, outside in the main hall, the actors walked around free to answer any questions or take pics. I took lots of pics! So do not be afraid of Shakespeare as I was because it was definitely worth it to go see a play in Chicago!

Beaumont, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Really Great Play”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My sister and I saw Henry V and it was a really great show. The theater is not too large so all seats are good seats. The acoustics were great in the theater and the actors were fantastic. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for entertainment while visiting Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great for families / kids especially and a good introduction into Shakespearan works. My son enjoyed it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sunitharay
Birmingham, United Kingdom
284 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 237 helpful votes
“Old Shakey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Lucky enough to get tickets for a play, did my Duke Of Edinburough Award on Shakey so it has always been a passion..........read or see Shakey and you have all the advice you need for life...........................for us going to this theatre was a great joy.....it is real sweet.
If you can go.....go.