“Best in the Midwest.”
Review of Sidetrack

Sidetrack
Ranked #30 of 566 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The entire gay community in Chicago converges in the biggest (and arguably best) gay bar in the Midwest.
This bar is not only a centre for the gay community but is a huge supporter of gay rights and activism and gay pride.
Gorgeous bartenders, lively crowd and huge expansive space makes this a must-do for any gay visitor. Weekends and events can be quite crowded, but service is quick.
Check out the alcohol slushee drinks and the Showtunes night on Mondays.
Rooftop deck in the Summer is a must-do too!

Foreign visitors don't forget your ID, you WILL be carded regardless of age!

There are newer reviews for Sidetrack

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Always a great time...clean, fresh modern atmosphere....of course the slushy drinks are far superior to the imitations elsewhere on Halsted....My straight guy friend commented that his shoes didn't stick to the floor and my straight girl friend asked how many model agencies are supplying bartenders to this place. LOL!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

After arriving at 10pm into Chicago, we were at Sidetrack by 11pm for a drink. We had heard such great things about this bar and we weren't disappointed.
The bar staff were very friendly, the bar was beautifully presented and the themed nights were a lot of fun. Monday night was Showtunes, which went off. Tuesday night was 80's and 90's night, which was just awesome.
This place is definitely one of the best gay bars I've visited around the world.

1  Thank brendonlord
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Out in boystown this very large bar is fun with lots of space to cruise, drink relax with show-tunes either in your face on the big screen or in the background. Clean and pleasant
It's a gay bar but they don't discriminate.
It's a taxi ride from down town a bit of a walk from the train
Remember you need photo ID europeans irrespective of your age, bonkers but its there country!

1  Thank MartinBrophy
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Me and a ton of my friends went here for Pride. I was excited because of they didn't charge a cover, which is something I absolutely love. Well the night started with us making a dance party wherever we were because this bar was playing all the best Top 40 & Dance hits. The drinks weren't too over priced which is a lot coming from me since I live in Columbus, Ohio and going out cost little to nothing here. Also this bar was HUGE, I easily got lost a good 3 or 4 times. However I enjoyed it cause it allowed me to flirt with the a room full of very attractive men. Can't wait to go again!