“Location...Location...Location”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$70.00*
and up
360 Chicago Observation Deck (formerly John...
Ranked #16 of 573 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My girlfriend and I were told about the Signature Lounge by a Chicago Local. She recommended it as a place to go after our dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (TCF) which is below. Because of the wait at TCF, we ended up getting in line early before dinner and that was probably a good decision. At 8:30 when we arrived, the line was already long, and took 30+ minutes to get upstairs and seated. We didn't have a seat by the window but it was cloudy any ways, so we just enjoyed the view from our table. The drinks were very expensive, the menu limited, and nothing special. We had the meat and cheese appetizer and it did have some good meat and cheese choices.

Our service was fine and we didn't feel rushed.

So my advice, arrive EARLY, and understand that you are paying for the view and if it's a clear night, it's worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)
All reviews
"women's restroom"
in 28 reviews
"hancock building"
in 38 reviews
"floor to ceiling windows"
"sat at the bar"
in 11 reviews
"the john hancock center"
in 19 reviews
in 18 reviews
"observatory"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a treat. The view from way above the city was fantastic. The best part was the host moved us up to a window table as soon as a table opened up and did the same with other guests.

The prices are a bit steep but understandable knowing most people are there for the view and not to have much to eat or drink. Regardless, you have to see the city from this vantage point.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped by Signature Lounge for a drink after dinner. It was after 11 PM when we arrived, so the crowd had thinned out a bit. We easily found two booths to accommodate our group (10 people). I would have preferred to be closer to the window, but they were still occupied. We could still see the amazing view from where we were though. We had a great few of North Chicago and Lake Michigan from our booths. It was so pretty. The lounge itself is a bit outdated, but not a showstopper. If you're expecting a hip lounge, this is not it.

As others have said, the drinks aren't cheap, but we only planned on one drink anyway. I actually didn't think the prices were that unreasonable though.

I think this is a good place for first-time visitors to Chicago to take in the view. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We went for our honeymoon to the restaurant and were disappointed that the windows we were sitting at were dirty. They had spiders and grime on them. We asked to move and were refused.

The food is way overpriced. We paid $8 for a salad that was basically 2 pieces of lettuce and a few meagre bits of veg added.

Although the staff were friendly, I wouldn't recommend this place whatsoever.

Overpriced tat.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2014

SOOOO...everyone told me to go to the Signature Lounge while I was in Chicago, not only for the "views" but because you can have a drink at the bar and look out over the city. Yea, if you really want to get some good views, just go ahead and pay the fee to go to the observatory. We were greeted at the Signature Lounge to confusion and no idea where to go to find the host. Finally after we are greeted by the "host" (MAJOR A-HOLE BTW) anyways, he informed us that they would not have any tables by the windows for over an hour. So we sat at the bar (backs to the windows)...2 minutes after we order our MAJORLY OVERPRICED beverages there happens to be 2 seats available right at the window! We are in luck! OR so you thought...yea, the "host" at the front says that because we already have ordered that we cannot move unless the seats available were directly behind us...UMM, ok.....I glare at him and say nothing. So, I try my best to enjoy my drink and shrug it off, and then realize the next 2 people who happen to walk in, that were just in the right place at the right time....yes, they get the 2 coveted seats at the window.... Super disappointed and decided to leave this evil tourist trap. And so just to make sure I covered it all...NO, I wouldn't recommend you come here. We were much happier at the Willis Tower and got some great city photos from there. ;)

1  Thank TabithaJ04