“Fantastic Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
MDA Chicago City Apartments
Tampa
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 3 January 2006

This building is now complete and the rooms are furnished beautifully as of December 1st. I stayed there with my family and we did not experience any of the issues that were previously posted. After reading these postings, I called and spoke to their office about the information and they talked to me at length about what had happened with the opening of the building. The booking sights, such as Travelocity, Expedia, etc are not willing to provide contact information for the people that have booked accommodations which made it very difficult to contact each person to notify them of the construction issues and inform them that they have been assigned to other locations. They are offering one free night for a next stay to anyone that had issues. It was more convenient to stay here instead of a hotel because it included a full size kitchen. We had a great time and plan to stay again next year.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank ccampbell24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 December 2005

This "apartment block" was a construction site. I don't know if any of the websites are taking bookings for this but travelocity did when we were booking it. Nobody thought to inform us that it wasn't at all ready and we only saw this for ourselves when we arrived to find it was nothing but a building site! This has happened to several other people as well (PLEASE SEE FORUM ON THIS TOPIC).When we eventually tracked down someone from the managment company,they had no idea that we were arriving and had no idea how that could have happened!! That was little consolation to us as we had just travelled all the way from Ireland and now had nowhere to sleep for the night!! Luckily we got a reservation in a Holiday Inn for the night but it turns out that there was a printing convention on that week and all the hotels seemed to be booked out!!The next day we went back to the management company (in the Fisher Building) and they told us that they had "found" our reservation and we were meant to be in md apartments on ashland avenue!! This turned out to be a good bit outside the city and it was a half an hour walk into the nearest bit of the loop and at least $12 in a taxi if we wanted to go anywhere downtown. This was not the place that we booked, it was not the place described on the internet or in the pictures and if the other place had been advertised we would not have booked it at all. To add insult to injury, they charged the full amount for 6 nights to our credit card a week before we even arrived in Chicago, so I don't see how they didn't know anything about us. We also only stayed for 5 and we had to cough up for the first night in the Holiday Inn even though we had already paid to stay in a place that wasn't completely built! It also cost us a lot more travelling on trains and in taxis whereas we wouldn't have had this expense if we could have stayed in the place that we originally booked. I hate to say that it made my stay in Chicago completely miserable and I hated it for the first few days. It completely ruined my holiday and all I can say is that it is the biggest con job I have ever come across. Stay away from this place and the company dealing with it because its just a cowboy con job. I would even steer clear of travelocity because they are a unsympathetic bunch of unhelpful con artists too and I would have no time for them ever again. PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE!!!

Stayed September 2005