“Awesome experience”

Chicago Running Tours & More
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Running Tours & More offers scheduled and private tours. Our scheduled tours are at or just over the 5k distance and range from 90 minutes to 2 hours. Our guides have been trained by a "certified" Chicago Professional Tour Guide. Join us for a morning SCHEDULED run: Grant Park 5k at 8 a.M. Sundays & 7:15 a.M. Thursdays. Chicago River Navy Pier 5k at 7:15 a.M. Tuesdays and Fridays. Chicago Tragic Events at 8 a.M. Saturdays and 7:15 a.M. Sundays. We have a limit of 15 participants for our scheduled runs. Our PRIVATE tours include 1) City in a Garden (5.62 Miles), 2) Tower to Tower (6 miles), 3) Run to Wrigley (6.48 Miles), 4) Devil in the White City (8.1 Miles) Participants who complete all 4 private routes receive a 26.2 Finishers certificate and a long sleeve tech finishers shirt. Come join us for the best tour experience in Chicago while you take care of your cardio needs at the same time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I completed the Tower to Tower private run with my son and his friend. It was such a visually awesome experience. I was a bit apprehensive at first because I was worried about keeping up with my kid. I quickly felt at ease when our guide made it clear that we were not going to run hard and we would stop several times so he could tell us about the buildings and take our photos. His knowledge of the history of Chicago and architecture was great. Of all the things we did during our visit to Chicago, this was by far our favorite. We still are talking about it a year later. On our next visit we are going to do Run to Wrigley and I will be prepared to be first in line!

Visited June 2013
ReluctantRunner, Owner at Chicago Running Tours & More, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Marlene, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. We look forward to your return and completing Run To Wrigley. Some highlights on that route include; the mag mile, original playboy mansion, Lincoln Park Zoo (where you can introduce your son to some of his long lost relatives) (yes I remember you have a great sense of humor), and of course Wrigley Field. As always, we'll keep the pace slow.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Exercise and Learning!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I wanted to learn more about the city and I enjoy running so when I heard about this, I had to do it! Marlin is very personable, knows a lot about the city and you can tell he loves to tell it. He has a camera with him and will take pics and will email them to you so you don't have to worry about carrying a camera on your run if you don't want to. Its a 5K run so it doesn't take a lot of your day but you will learn a lot and get some exercise at the same time. I was there on vacation and this was a great way to still get my run in and still get to see and learn about the sites at the same time. I will do another tour on my next trip of Chicago. Looking forward to it!

Visited July 2013
ReluctantRunner, Owner at Chicago Running Tours & More, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Hi Racegirl,

Thank you so much for your review. We are looking forward to your return when we can add more awesome photos to your album. See you next time around.

Marlin
Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great way to see Chicago!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I have done two private running tours with Marlin. My favorite was the Devil In The White City run. Marlin was knowledgeable, organized, and friendly. His love of Chicago was obvious and infectious. Marlin carries everything you might need, including a camera. You just have to show up - so easy! We can't wait to return to Chicago to do the two other runs we need to complete the Marathon option.

Visited September 2013
Bev, thank you so much for being our first reviewer. We are looking forward to your return when we will complete your 26.2 package. If you like your first 2 routes, you are in for a treat on the next two.
Marlin