“New Trend in food Tourism”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Warsaw, Indiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“New Trend in food Tourism”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Massive Italian market/restaurant it's really a gourmets dream lots of unusual items. They have a fairly eclectic variety of items so expect a little sticker shock. Not too be missed even if you don't plan on buying anything.

Visited April 2014

Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun to visit”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went on a Saturday morning and it was pretty crowded.
We parked in the lot across the street for $10 if you spend $20 there for up to 3 hours. It's not hard to spend $20. We ate pasta and pizza, both were very good. We even had a little dessert. Brought some bread and some sauce to take home. Prices are high and in the jam/spreads section all was in Italian so couldn't tell what we were looking at. It was an enjoyable way to spend a cold Saturday.

Visited February 2014
Lancaster, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Totally Italian”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I love this place! It has fantastic authentic Italian food to buy and take with your or to eat there. We ate the pasta/pizza section and the homemade raviolis were delicious. It is crowded and chaotic but fun!

Visited April 2014
St. Louis
“Plan ahead”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I fell in love with Eataly first in NYC and then in Chicago. Is it chaotic? Yes. Is it overwhelming? Yes. Does it have a ridiculously abundant array of foods this side of the Atlantic? You betcha! Does it have some of the best quality and delicious foods at reasonable prices? Yes and no.

In my opinion Eataly is to be tasted and savored in little beccos or bites, not as a sit down restaurant. When I have been there, I have sat at Il Piazza tables and have been able to order any number of items from any of their five sections (Il Fritti, Salume y Fromaggio, Il Crudo...) along with wine. Plenty to savor. Another suggestion, is to go off peak. On weekends, we try to sit before 11:30 for lunch. So in short, if you're looking for an intimate, reasonable five course dinner, look elsewhere. If you want to try a wide assortment of delicious and unusual fare, thus is your place.

Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Italian Food Amusement Park”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We went here on a Saturday afternoon. It was crowded but not as insane as December. Parking is available across the street for a reduced fee (up to 3 hours, provided you spend at least $20).
Is it chaotic? Yes
Is it confusing? Yes
Does it offer good food and merchandise? Yes
Is it worth a visit? Yes

Before you go, check out their website. In my opinion, the confusion begins there. It could be presented more clearly, but isn't. This continues when you walk through the door. But relax, it's an adult food emporium for everything Italian. We enjoyed many great delicacies and had a great sit-down pizza/pasta lunch. I found items that I've needed for various recipes that I've never been able to get before. Their staff helped me find it and even kept looking while we were eating and brought it to us. While this is amazing customer service, it also shows that even the staff doesn't always have a handle on where things are.
I would definitely go again, but am better prepared having been there. Go slow, get your bearings, don't get frustrated by the crowd or the noise and eat/drink your way around.

Visited March 2014

Been to Eataly? Share your experiences!