“Foodie Playground”

136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Foodie Playground”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

OMG they have everything here, including a little cafe with fantastic beer offerings. Try the gelato and be prepared to part with some of your $--we could not resist bringing home various items, both edible and not. I found a shaving creme I've bought the hubs before that he liked and there were tons of other things to purchase covering the spectrum. Do think about when you are planning to go as it was crazy busy on a Friday afternoon and I'm told it's nothing compared to weekends--but definitely worth the visit!!

Evanston, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Eataly - Fantastic Fun for Foodies, in River North Area”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went with my husband and some friends on a Monday morning. It's good to go on a weekday, if possible, to avoid crowds. Eataly is best described as a giant Italian food emporium, with restaurants and groceries. The cheeses and meats on the second floor will blow you away - there is so much selection and the aromas are out of this world. I sampled some prosciutto that truly melted in my mouth. My group ate lunch at the pizza/pasta restaurant. My husband and I shared a delicious salad and the daily special ravioli that was unique and simply scrumptious. (I'm running out of adjectives that mean "delicious"!) The dessert counter is on the first floor, and is not to be missed. While many of the desserts were appealing, I went with my old stand-by, freshly filled cannoli - with chocolate chip filling. Overall, some items seemed pricey, others not - so don't be put off. Yes, you can buy a bottle of balsamic vinegar for $140, but we bought one for $6-8. I bought some boxes of Italian pasta for $2 each. There is much to enjoy here, and do take the time to wander around and savor it all. Discounted parking is available, and Eataly is also very near the Red Line Grand Avenue stop.

Warsaw, Indiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“New Trend in food Tourism”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Massive Italian market/restaurant it's really a gourmets dream lots of unusual items. They have a fairly eclectic variety of items so expect a little sticker shock. Not too be missed even if you don't plan on buying anything.

Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun to visit”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went on a Saturday morning and it was pretty crowded.
We parked in the lot across the street for $10 if you spend $20 there for up to 3 hours. It's not hard to spend $20. We ate pasta and pizza, both were very good. We even had a little dessert. Brought some bread and some sauce to take home. Prices are high and in the jam/spreads section all was in Italian so couldn't tell what we were looking at. It was an enjoyable way to spend a cold Saturday.

Visited February 2014
Lancaster, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Totally Italian”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I love this place! It has fantastic authentic Italian food to buy and take with your or to eat there. We ate the pasta/pizza section and the homemade raviolis were delicious. It is crowded and chaotic but fun!