“Amazing Food!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Visited March 26th, 2014. Four adults. Dinner and the Scott Stapp concert upstairs.

We arrived just after 4pm. We were seated right away. Our server was fast and friendly. She even informed us that if we spent over $80 we could qualify for "Pass the line" and be able to enter the concert venue upstairs before the general admission people. So we took advantage of that!

Dinner was amazing. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the buttermilk chicken was delicious and the Jambalaya was perfectly seasoned. The bill was $117 for four people. Pricey but in my opinion, well worth it.

We will be back again. For sure!

The concert itself was amazing. Such a small and intimate venue. The sound was spot on. Drinks were reasonably priced. The bathrooms were well maintained and even came with an attendant who offered you soap and paper towel.

KENOSHA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Uninspiring Gospel Brunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Food was good and plentiful. The Gospel group was kids who did an ok job but I expected an adult gospel choir with powerful singers and a lot of enthusiasm. Many of the songs were not gospel songs, either which was disappointing. Much time was spent calling people to the stage and having them do goofy things. All in all, the show was a disappointment. For $40 I expected more and would not recommend.

1 Thank MARY G
Chicago, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“My 1970's Panasonic AM radio had better sound”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

OK, I realize I'm not going to impact an overall 4-star rating at HoB, but if I can save one soul from wasting his money it'll be worth it. I'm 53 years old. I've been to close to 100 concerts in my life all over the U.S. The Led Zeppelin II show was the worst sound I've ever heard at a live event. The first time I ever left a show before it ended. The distortion was unbearable - it's a good thing the sound guy didn't have an 11 setting on the bass volume! Was there even a lead guitar in the band? Hey, Fire Marshall, how in the hell can Chicago allow a place to pack in so many people into such a small place? A fire at HoB would be worse than the Whitesnake catastrophe. I also couldn't believe how many 50+ hippies were there smoking pot - the entire venue reeked of ganja. So other than the absolutely crappy sound, being packed in like sardines, and the lack of an air purifier for all the rastafarians smoking their spleefs, it was a wonderful evening.

1 Thank SamAdamsGhost
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yummmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Went in there for a quick bite and had the best Ruben ever!!! Everyone gave our group excellent service.

1 Thank AMR621
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“House of Blues Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Visited the House of Blues in Chicago IL. for there Sunday Brunch. The best food and such a great variety of different options to pick from. The Roast Beef and Shrimp were the best. Also enjoyed the show.

3 Thank Lorie B