“Great location and service”

The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile
Ranked #45 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Boutique hotel a block off of the "Mag Mile" offering a terrific location for shopping, dining, theater & general tourist attractions of downtown Chicago. Clean, contemporary, & customer service oriented.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear apackrfan,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. It is an honor to receive your generous compliments of our location, contemporary design, and especially our outstanding service. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely hotel--far exceeded my expectations. Inormally stay in Marriott in Chicago but this was the conference hotel & so glad I took the leap & stayed at The James. From my initial call, to make my reservation, to the immediate response to my late arrive notice email, to the genuine friendliness of the staff when I arrived, to the unique room--an excellent experience. Pleasantly surprised by the Euro-decor & room included a llving area with small couch/chair and widescreen TV. Room also had for purchase larger sizes basic of liquors (e.g. Tanqueray)--not just airplane sizes. Also had a bottle of Ferrari Carano Sienna for $52 (didn't think this was bad). The bar downstairs has great energy and I had a good salmon dinner at the restaurant. The fitness center is well-equipped and much cleaner than other city hotels where I've stayed. I plan to bring my family back for a weekend (hotel clerk even gave me weekend tips as I checked out). Excellent experience! .

1  Thank M M

Dear M M,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. It is wonderful to hear that you decided to try us out and had an excellent experience thanks to our mini bar selection, David Burke's Primehouse, and especially the service provided by our entire team. I am so glad our team helped to exceed your expectations and that you plan to visit us again with family. Thank you for your generous compliments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Always have a great stay at The James. At the risk of creating more demand for this excellent hotel (risking availability for future stays), the staff is always friendly, location is great and the rooms are comfortable.

2  Thank John S

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am honored to hear your compliments of our comfortable rooms and most of all, our friendly team. It is humbling that you are a returning guest, and sincerely appreciate your recommendation and especially your continued loyalty. Thank you for writing and on behalf of the entire James team, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The James Hotel no only provided a great place for a meeting, but the staff is exceptional and very accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. The rooms, amenities, and for the good night sleep, bedding are all top line and the location is great for walking the area.

2  Thank D F

Dear D F,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I appreciate your generous compliments of our bedding, location and amenities, but most of all, that the excellent service provided by our team made your visit a memorable one. I am uniquely honored by your recommendation of us to any traveler and look forward to welcoming you back to The James again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I enjoyed the hotels amenities and room while there for a conference. I would like to go back for pleasure. High end amenities at a decent rate, great colors and textures in the rooms and hotel. The hotel was close to everything and the area was very nice and comfortable to walk even at a late hour.

1  Thank Joseph D

Dear Joseph D,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable visit, thanks to our convenient location and excellent amenities. Most of all, it an honor that after your business trip here, you would like to return again for leisure. Thank you again for writing and we look forward to welcoming you back to The James again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am a repeat guest of The James. I enjoyed my stay enough to book a series of corporate events there the following year. It is a very modern, urban-chic hotel with a hot little bar in the lobby. The Primehouse Restaurant served us well for random lunches as well as for the catered event for my company. The service is wonderful and the front desk staff is courteous and flexible. The location is fabulous- a short walk to Michigan Ave. Highly recommend for adult leisure and corporate events.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JETSETG
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear JETSETG,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am humbled by your compliments of out team, and especially that you have stayed with us before. We are honored to have hosted your corporate event and look forward to hosting you again next year. Thank you for your comments and generous recommendation of us to fellow travelers here on Trip Advisor, and on behalf of the entire team, we truly appreciate your continued loyalty!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

the people at the concierge desk were very helpful especially Laurelin thx!!!! When we arrived we were not happy with our room but they switched us quickly without any questions~ Could use better and more stations for TV I agree overall a great find in the area--close walking distance to everything and their breakfast was awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jsmiley65
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Jsmiley65,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit, thanks to the great breakfast at David Burke's Primehouse and especially our concierge service. I apologize for the shortcoming with the television in the room, we are currently updating them and look forward to having a wide selection of channels available again soon. Thank you for writing and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again!