The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile
US$388
US$370
  • Restaurant
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$737
US$564
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$604
US$599
US$727
US$692
  • Pool
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$773
US$659
US$711
getaroom.com
3,559 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetmedia roomloft suitegreat locationfiltered waterboutique hotelturn down servicebath productswet barmini barmichigan avenuestreet noisemagnificent milebed was very comfortableriver norththe windy citymag mile
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed three nights in a king loft suite. There was no view from any of the king loft suites I was told. The staff were all helpful. The suite had the most uncomfortable couch I've come across in a long time. It had no back support and was extremely hard. The media room was problematic. We had to call for assistance three times. Apparently they are changing systems. However, each technician had a different solution to the problems that made us unable to use system. The rooms were so tiny, You could not walk around the bed/media sofa. The king bed area had two shelves for nightstands but nowhere to put any personal belongings. Guess I could've unpacked everything and stored in the living area or in the closet. Furniture was chipped and banged up. Couch upholstery was worn and tired looking.

The hotel has a courtesy car and it was much appreciated. Hotel room bathrooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PittsburghLynnie
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear PittsburghLynnie,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am sorry to hear that you did enjoy your visit in one of our loft suites, due to issues with the projector and couch. As noted, we are in the process of updating these to better accommodate our guests and feedback like yours is valuable to us as we make these decisions. Despite this setback, I am glad that you found our team to be helpful and certainly hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to give you the full James experience you deserve.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

While the hotel was in a good location (central downtown), the hotel had some cleanliness problems. Weird smells, broken door handle, chipped paint on wall, and hole in carpet. Comfortable bed though and nice TV.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank your for taking the time to offer your candid feedback in regards to your visit with us at The James Chicago. I am disappointed to read about the condition of the room you were in, as the issues you described certainly do not meet our expectations. Any problems that we come across are repaired shortly thereafter, and I am sorry that this was not done prior to your arrival. I will certainly follow up in this matter to ensure that other guests do not have a similar experience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I hope we will be able to regain your confidence in us on a future visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved my stay at the James in Chicago. Wasn't quite sure what to expect as I'd never stayed at a James before, but certainly exceeded my expectations.

Large, clean room, with quality furnishings and minibar, and facilities.

Comfy beds, and a lovely range of toiletries.

The gym was a great asset. Much better than a usual hotel gym. Only minor gripe was no rowing machine, both otherwise the equipment was top notch, the environment clean and pleasant - the chilled water jugs were another quality touch. The space was a pleasure to use.

Had a late checkout of 2pm, which was a fantastic benefit and they also had a pop up icecream bar on one afternoon in the summer heat which was a great idea.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Paul I,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. It an honor to read that your stay exceeded expectations, thanks to our late check out time and Jove's Ice Cream. I appreciate your suggestion of a rowing machine for our gym, as we are always looking for ways to better improve our guests' experiences. Thank you again for writing and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The James again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

As soon as we arrived, the doors were opened by the bellman and we were escorted into the beautiful lobby. The staff was quick and efficient. The rooms were very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We didn't love the barn door entry into the bathroom - the door was so heavy!! Unfortunately, our room was near the elevator so it was loud at times. As were all of the ambulance sirens taking people to the nearby hospital (I needed to wear earplugs).
The hotel is conveniently locted int he heart of the Magnificent Mile. There is a Trader Joe's across the street and several restaurants within walking distance.
The hotel has a courtesy vehicle and they drove us to the comedy club one night for free and then to the airport in style!

Room Tip: Not near an elevator!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Spook C,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am delighted to hear that our complimentary car service and efficient team assisted in making your visit an enjoyable one. I apologize for any inconvenience that was experienced in regards to noise; our convenient location does subject us to city noise, but we are always happy to accommodate you in a quieter room. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Every aspect of our stay at the James was wonderful. The style and sophistication of the hotel was stellar and the service and attentiveness of the staff was above par. The in-house restaurant David Burke's Primehouse was excellent stop for any meal. Breakfast was great and coffee was amazing. Dinner was great with many unique upscale choices and excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Daniel G,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James. I am delighted to hear that your visit exceeded expectations, thanks to our complimentary coffee service, David Burke's Primehouse, and especially the attentiveness of our team. I very much appreciate your generous recommendation and sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The James again soon!