The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Omni Chicago Hotel(Chicago)
3,523 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetmedia roomloft suitegreat locationfiltered waterboutique hotelturn down servicebath productswet barmini barmichigan avenuestreet noisemagnificent milebed was very comfortableriver norththe windy citymag mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We arrived a little early but we got one of our rooms right away and the other less than 2 hours later (still before normal check in time), and I believe the wait was only because we asked for two rooms in close proximity to eachother (got 1414 & 1416 - I prefer 1414, it felt slightly more spacious). Everything was just great, from the car service they use to the bath room products. And for a very reasonable price too.
We had to take our son to the ER while we were there and the guys at the door really made an effort getting us a cab quickly and making sure the driver knew where to take us.

Two minor hick-ups:
1. We asked for a crib, but never got one, but since the room had two large beds we never reminded them - our son would probably have ended up sleeping in our beds anyway.
2. I Got a call from front desk at 4.40 in the morning on the day of our departure, because apparently somone on the floor above (room 1515 irc) thought we were making too much noise. We weren't (we were sound asleep), and neither was anyone else in that section of the 14th floor. If they'd checked that first they wouldn't have had to call me and I would have gotten a much needed good night's rest before the flight home.

Nice interior, full wet bar (and a minibar), very good housekeeping. I actually liked not having a desk in the room - but then again I was on vacation.
WiFi included, might seem like a small thing, but I really cant stand it when hotels charge extra for an internet connection.

We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant (Primehouse) and enjoyed it - it is however a bit pricey. But, if you're travelling on a budget there's a Trader Joe's right across the street, a Whole Foods a few blocks northwest and another grocery store a few blocks southwest. There's even a McDonalds quite close.

Check out time was 2 pm, which meant we could keep our rooms until we left for the airport. Normally we have to ask for a late checkout or storage room for the bags at least, it was nice not to have to do that.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2010

just back from Chicago and stayed 3 nights in the james. the hotel is truly excellent with a superb location whic is so central to everything. The check in was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quiet spacious for a city hotel room. I visited the spa and had an excellent massage which was just what I needed after a long days shopping. The bar in the James was always very busy but one could always get a drink, the bar staff are very attentive.
Overall I had a very enjoyable experience staying at te James and will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NewbridgeJoe
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed in a Deluxe King Suite. No desk to work at or to sit at to eat room service meals. The only table was coffee table height and the couch was some strange futon that was lower than the coffee table (!) and canted forward. Incredibly uncomfortable to sit at and ridiculous for room service meals or to work at computer. Since my room was configured like all the other Deluxe King Suites depicted in on line photos, I have to assume this design flaw with the couch/futon runs throughout the property. Bed was fine and bath was fine but I can't imagine why business travelers would rate this property well. The couch/futon seating is the worst I've encountered in a modern hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mczen
TheJamesGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2010

mczen-

Thank you for your feedback regarding your room. I'm terribly sorry that this particular room configuration was not conducive to your needs. Sounds like you were in a Studio suite which is the only room type without a "dining niche" that is practical for both working and dining.

I will send you my contact information. If you would consider giving us another chance, I'd be happy to block you into a room that I'm confident will make your stay more productive.

Best.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

This hotel had it all, great location, fantastic staff and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The James makes you feel very pampered, I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
TheJamesGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2010

belletracy-

Thank you! Can't wait to welcome you back!

Best

Reviewed 14 May 2010

My first trip ever to Chicago ended with me staying here for 5 nights.

Great location right in the heart of everything, really comfy rooms that feel a little like home and great service.

I would whole heartidly recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

PaddiO-

Thank you for the kind words. We're glad you were comfortable and look forward to welcoming you back "home" soon!

Best