“Very Tasty. Great meal”

Ranked #1,744 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Description: Southern-inspired eats. BYOB. Weekend Brunch with table service.
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice over the weekend.
First visit was for breakfast. It was fast hot and excellent. I had the chicken fried steak and eggs. The pancakes were light and fluffy too. During breakfast I could see the chickens on the rotisserie in the back. I came back the next day for dinner.
The chicken dinner was more than I could eat. The sides were very generous. I has the mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese. Both were good. The corn bread was grilled and excellent!

I'll head back when I come back to town

1  Thank Kathy F

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very close to my son's apartment, I come for breakfast whenever I am in town to visit him. Small but cozy the food is really great.
This time the whole family was in town, we all had varied plates for breakfast/lunch and everyone was very happy with their chaoices. Very handy, right on the bus line to/from Michigan Ave/Water Tower area.

1  Thank SidSidow
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was our first time stopping in Feed for dinner. If you're from out-of-town, the location is a straight shot west of MagMile. The Chicago bus lets off right out front. It's in an industrial area and there's not much besides a bar or two besides Feed. Don't let this discourage you from going over there; it's worth the trip if you love hearty comfort food.

Right off the bat the staff was super friendly and helpful with suggestions from the menu of what was good that night. We split a whole chicken with 3 sides and dessert for around $20. The chicken was cooked very well but not dry, skin fantastic. The mac n cheese was nice and creamy and light but not too cheesy. I personally liked it that way, although others may be looking for a heavier/cheesier dish. The homemade mashed potatoes were perfect. The potato salad was heavy on the mustard and my friend loved it but I stuck with the black beans. Ask to try stuff before ordering if you're not sure. I'm pretty sure if their not really busy they'll help you pick something to your liking.

I wanted to try the corn pudding everyone raves about but the counter guy said not to as it was a bit dry late in the day. I appreciate the honesty as he clearly wanted us to have a great first impression. Friendly service is just as important as the food to me these days.

Finally, dessert was the triple berry pie. I was very impressed with my slice. It was slightly heated with whipped cream and still retained a nice texture. Usually heated berry pies get all runny and soupy on the plate. Not too much blueberry, not too much blackberry made it very good. At this point, I was ready for a food nap and we still each had over a half plate to wrap up for home. Now I know it's not about the quantity but the quality, but when you're on a dining budget, it's nice to have a leftover lunch of tasty treats the next day.

This food is really really good, fair pricing and a casual comfortable setting to eat it in. Thank you Feed, we'll be back to try that corn pudding soon.

1  Thank ChiRedFlyer
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Wonderful rotisserie chicken but the best part is the variety of wonderful veggie sides: corn pudding, macaroni and cheese, beet salad, among others. Oh, they also have homemade desserts that will leave you weeping. for nonchicken people there are also hamburgers and daily specials. Vegetarians can do a plate of three veggie selections for about $6.

1  Thank mac0620
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I was looking for a place to have lunch with a client in this neighborhood and stumbled across Feed. It looks like a bar from the outside but when you walk through the door you find a pleasant, homey atmosphere! The staff is extremely friendly and the food excellent. Healthy eating at its finest.

I will definately stop back at Feed again and again.

Been to Feed? Share your experiences!