“Best location for the theatre”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #24 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best location for the theatre”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

You do not even have to leave the bldg to get to the majestic. Staff at desk very good. Breakfast was good many choices and an attentive staff. The rooms were very large for a downtown hotel we had 3 adults and they brought a rollaway .

Room Tip: We had a room on the street could hear a little street noise but nothing to complain about
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Buddy2251,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am very pleased that you had a wonderful experience while staying at the Hampton Majestic. We are very lucky to have the Bank of America Theater next to us since it’s very convenient for our guests to not even have to go outside to see a show. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast as we are always looking for ways to improve the product and service we give our guests. Thanks for complimenting our rooms as we always try to accommodate our guest as best as we can so they have and wonderful relaxing experience. I apologize for the street noise, for future reservation we will definitely put you on a higher floor. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I've stayed at a few Hampton inns and while always clean and nice they are not what I think of when choosing a downtown hotel. I had tickets to Book of Mormon on a night when there was a winter storm warning. I found this hotel in a search for hotels near the BOA theater. It looked very near to the theater but I didn't know I wouldn't even have to go outside to get into the theater, there is an internal entrance.
Location aside the staff is wonderful, room is great (on top of the nightstand there is a box with 3 outlets & 2 USB ports, there is mouthwash in the bathroom, the celing is 20 ft high, etc.). I'm looking forward to the free breakfast in the morning.
Aside from the BOA theater this is a couple of blocks from the big Macy's on state. All this and I only paid $99 (parking downtown can be 1/3 of that). I enthusiastically recommend this hotel for a night of theater or shopping or any other reason you are visiting the loop area.

3 Thank Donna K
RossGuthrie, Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Donna A,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Yes, we love being in the historic Majestic Building with the Bank of America Theatre. So many of our guests love that they can get to the theatre from the ground floor of the hotel, it’s so convenient to leave your jacket in your hotel room.

You undoubtedly will want to see the Broadway smash musical “The Book of Mormon” for a second time! If you do, we look forward to having you back at the Hampton Majestic!

Graciously,

Ross Guthrie
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My family and I travel here every year. We love the Theatre District (the location is fantastic for all the walking we do!). Everyone knows our names and they are so sweet. The entire staff is so devoted to making everyone's stay magnificent, and they do it so well!

This year we were introduced to Brandi at the reservation desk. I see that she is mentioned several times for her amazing customer service. She not only went above and beyond with us, we noticed that she is just stellar with everyone! We walked in and she made a packet of things to do and then made a guide for us that next day. She is just that good!

The hotel and location is just charming. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Tya D,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. We can't wait to welcome you and your family back next year!

I am so glad that you were able to receive such fantastic service from Brandi. She is a great asset to our team. I will make sure to recognize her for the excellent service that she provided to you. She is becoming quite the STAR here on Tripadvisor and we are so thankful for all she does for our guests!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The hotel was clean, quiet and in a great location. All the staff members we encountered were friendly, helpful and very accommodating. We would like to especially mention the outstanding service at the reservation desk by Brandi.

The breakfasts were great....couldn't have asked for more. Also, liked the idea of having coffee available throughout the day as well as the fruit. We had a great experience. Thank you!

1 Thank Monica P
Monica P,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! It is so wonderful to hear that you had a great experience and we can't wait to welcome you back! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. I am so glad that you were able to receive such fantastic service from Brandi. She is a great asset to our team.

Iowa
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The rates at this hotel seem to vary tremendously--anywhere from $80 to $300 or more a night. I was fortunate enough to get a very good deal for a stay on Thanksgiving night. The rates skyrocketed on Black Friday, though, so I chose to move to another hotel after staying just one night.

When the price is right, this property offers the best aspects of both a chain and a boutique hotel. It doesn't really feel like a Hampton Inn, but it does offer the standard services (like free wi-fi and hot breakfast) you'd find at a Hampton in the suburbs.

Entering the hotel is odd. There's a sort-of "micro-lobby" at street level next to the Bank of America Theatre. An employee (who seemed more like a guard than a clerk or bellman) verified that I had a reservation and then directed me to an elevator that took me to the real lobby that is located above the theatre. I checked in there and then proceeded up another elevator to my room.

My room was fairly spacious for an older downtown hotel, though not as large as the "cookie-cutter" rooms at the hotels out by O'Hare. It had more character than I'd expect at a Hampton Inn, with a unique shape and an interesting burgundy color scheme. The view was nothing special. Mostly I saw an alley, though if I craned my head I could see the nearby buildings on State Street.

All the room's furnishings were pleasant, and everything was immaculate. I'm not a fan of the stark white bedding Hampton has gone to in recent years (I'd rather have an old-fashioned comforter in neutral colors), but that's the chain's issue--not this hotel's. The shower provided good pressure, and the wi-fi worked well. The complimentary breakfast was very excellent.

The hotel provided luggage storage (at the desk in the little mini-lobby at street level). The service is theoretically complimentary, though tips are expected. It was nice to be able to leave my bag while I went out exploring during the day.

Probably the best asset of this hotel is its location. It's right in the heart of the loop, less than a block from the State Street shopping district. There are dozens of outstanding restaurants within a very short walk. It's also just steps from both the blue and red line subways, which provide cheap and easy access to the entire city.

On future trips to Chicago, I'd definitely consider staying here again. I'll check the rates, and if they're competitive, I'll certainly book the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
dmbia,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the product and service we give our guests.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. This time, my daughter and I stayed here for a college visit to UIC and to see a show. The rooms were large, clean and the beds were comfortable. The wifi is free and worked great. The breakfast was tasty and we enjoyed the free coffee/tea in the lobby while we were waiting for our car to be brought to the hotel. It was great to park our car and use the subway, which is easy to access. The parking attendants were very helpful and stored our luggage after we checked out and until we needed our car. They also helped me out of the city by giving me directions to the interstate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
tmarie72,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. I sounds like you had a wonderful experience all the way around and we are so pleased to hear it!

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We found this hotel on tripadvisor. After reading the reviews we choose to stay here. Everything was fantastic. We were on the 14th floor and heard very little noise. On our floor there were only about 7 rooms so that was nice. The staff were fantastic.At breakfast this morning I noticed the concierge gave great service to the children in the room. Just a nice touch which she didn't have to do. Rooms were very nice and clean. We had two nice size queen beds with ample room for both of us. The bathroom was very nice as well. The breakfast was very nice. We were able to walk easily to the shopping in the loop. The subway was very close. We were only about 3 stops away from the shopping/John Hancock building etc. Everything was very convenient.There were maps available in the lobby which were very useful. There were a couple of computers with large screens in the lobby which were very useful. Wifi is available but it needed some extra information which we didn't have. Wasn't important to us so I just used the computer in the lobby. My friend and I agreed we would stay here again.

Kayaksup,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I am glad you found us here on Tripadvisor and that your experience was fantastic. I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words.