“Great hotel in excellent area ”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #23 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
australia
“Great hotel in excellent area ”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. The rooms were large and nicely furnished
The staff were very helpful at all times
It's very easy to walk to attraction s and the metro station is 30 seconds away and you can go straight to the airport for $2.75
The beds are extremely comfy and if you get a high floor it is fairly quiet

Stayed April 2014
Ross G, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Robo8,

Thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you “loved the hotel” & found the staff “very helpful.”

We look forward welcoming you back again the next time you are in Chicago from Australia.

Ross Guthrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Dix Hills, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

With free internet and the complimentary breakfast it was a good value for the money. The room was clean and neat although I did not like the dark furnishings as it always felt dark in the room. I would recommend staying there when in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Andrew M,

Thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the Hampton Majestic so clean & our complimentary “On the House” breakfast such a great value.

I am sorry that you found the color palette too dark to your liking. Most of our guests love the burnt sienna wallpaper & rich chocolate tones of the carpet & headboards. Since we are in the same building as the Bank of America Theatre, the designer of the rooms wanted to invoke the red of theatre curtains to tie in to the theatre theme of theme since we are located in Chicago's Theatre District.

If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward welcoming you back again the next time you are in Chicago.

Tinley Park, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel has a great location, close to everything, State Street, Michigan Ave, and Theaters. Check-in was quick and easy. Room was clean and very comfortable. Also, has free breakfast which was a main reason why we picked this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Amy L,

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us at The Hampton Majestic! Location, friendly team, and complimentary breakfast is a hard thing to pass up. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I will pass along your kind words to the rest of the team. We hope you get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

New England
Reviewed 18 April 2014

First I will say, the beds were comfortable the linens were soft and the room was clean. Ok now I can say this, the hotel is odd. First my room and I take it every room is wallpapered with a burnt orange maroon color along with the rug drapes and chairs. The wood is dart brown. Between the fact of the color sceem and that my windows were above my head and if I did look out I saw the back side of another hotel the room was dark and cave like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ross G, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were able to walk to major attractions and nearby amenities such as the Shedd aquarium, Millenium Park, and great restaurants. The staff were quite friendly and we felt very welcomed to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Tyann Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience here with us at The Hampton Majestic. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy the museum campus and many wonderful restaurants while in town celebrating your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

You can't beat the central Chicago location, the rooms were spotless and spacious, breakfast great, staff always pleasant, cheerful and helpful. We raved about it all the way home. I have to reach to ding them on a slightly too small contour sheet on the king bed, but the floors (with only 9 rooms on them) were so quiet I didn't have much time to think about it before falling asleep. Next time in Chicago this will be out address.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
MaNaLy3 ,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience while joining us here at The Hampton Majestic. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. Glad that the location met your needs; as there is so much to do here in the heart of Chicago. I will glady pass your kind words along to the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back "home" when you return.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Was in Chicago for the centennial celebration of my fraternity. I stayed at this hotel for one night before transferring to the hotel for the convention. The staff at the hotel was very welcoming and very accommodating. I was traveling with 4 guys and the room was just what we needed.
We stayed in a room with a fantastic view, as architecture students the view of adjacent hotel was a wet dream! Took many great window sill pictures!
The staff was welcoming not only to the hotel but of Chicago. We were given many tips around the area and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast attendant, i believe her name was Denise, was fantastic. She helped us find what we need around town and made us fell like she we were at her home. Truly appreciated the time she spent to converse with us!
The hotel is greatly located in down town with easy walks to the river, stores, ect.
Thank you for the great time!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Edgar S,

All of us here at The Hampton Majestic want to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. As I see you were in town in celebration with your fraternity, I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. With us being centrally located in the south loop of Chicago it makes it very convenient for travelers to get the true Chicago experience. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the team.