“Sanctuary”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #21 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrived in the evening after a long haul flight from Australia and the speed of the check in and friendliness of the staff were just wonderful. We found the location to be ideal, the bed super comfortable and the kids enjoyed their sofa bed too. The breakfast was appreciated by my family as well as the afternoon cookies. It was a terrific base from which to explore Chicago and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

divingfamily08 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at The Hampton Majestic. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in Chicago; visiting all the way from Australia. Australia is on my top list of places to see! I will pass along your kind words to the rest of the team as it is important to us that we give each individual exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Have a great week ahead!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed with my teenage son at this hotel during spring 2014. The hotel is wonderful. Great rooms with big and very comfortable beds, good breakfast, great location and very friendly staff. I will for sure stay her again if I come back to Chicago

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Densig,

I am happy to hear that while visiting the Chicago land area with your son you enjoyed your experience with us at The Hampton Majestic. We take great pride in providing each and every guest with exceptional serivce. I hope we get the chance to host you again in the near future. Enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. The rooms were large and nicely furnished
The staff were very helpful at all times
It's very easy to walk to attraction s and the metro station is 30 seconds away and you can go straight to the airport for $2.75
The beds are extremely comfy and if you get a high floor it is fairly quiet

Stayed: April 2014
Ross G, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Robo8,

Thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you “loved the hotel” & found the staff “very helpful.”

We look forward welcoming you back again the next time you are in Chicago from Australia.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

With free internet and the complimentary breakfast it was a good value for the money. The room was clean and neat although I did not like the dark furnishings as it always felt dark in the room. I would recommend staying there when in Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Andrew M,

Thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the Hampton Majestic so clean & our complimentary “On the House” breakfast such a great value.

I am sorry that you found the color palette too dark to your liking. Most of our guests love the burnt sienna wallpaper & rich chocolate tones of the carpet & headboards. Since we are in the same building as the Bank of America Theatre, the designer of the rooms wanted to invoke the red of theatre curtains to tie in to the theatre theme of theme since we are located in Chicago's Theatre District.

If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward welcoming you back again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel has a great location, close to everything, State Street, Michigan Ave, and Theaters. Check-in was quick and easy. Room was clean and very comfortable. Also, has free breakfast which was a main reason why we picked this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Amy L,

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us at The Hampton Majestic! Location, friendly team, and complimentary breakfast is a hard thing to pass up. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I will pass along your kind words to the rest of the team. We hope you get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

First I will say, the beds were comfortable the linens were soft and the room was clean. Ok now I can say this, the hotel is odd. First my room and I take it every room is wallpapered with a burnt orange maroon color along with the rug drapes and chairs. The wood is dart brown. Between the fact of the color sceem and that my windows were above my head and if I did look out I saw the back side of another hotel the room was dark and cave like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Ross G, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were able to walk to major attractions and nearby amenities such as the Shedd aquarium, Millenium Park, and great restaurants. The staff were quite friendly and we felt very welcomed to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Tyann Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience here with us at The Hampton Majestic. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy the museum campus and many wonderful restaurants while in town celebrating your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.