Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
US$188
US$268
US$223
  • Restaurant
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$191
Official Site
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$161
US$648
US$526
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$312
2,154 results
All reviewsthe loopbook of mormongreat locationitalian villageart institutefree breakfastthe breakfast areablue linechicago theatremillennium parkhistoric buildingwithin walking distancewould definitely stay here againyogurtstate streetunion stationwillis tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2009

It is convenient, the staff is pleasant, and the internet works well for the business folks. The rooms, however, are dark and very small. I was upgraded so I wonder what the standard room looks like. The carpets are all dark and forboding, the lighting is minimal, and the furniture is all dark. You have to wonder what is lurking. The price was right as well.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler1Denver_Co
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

I wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 21 September 2009

This hotel is well located in the Theatre District - a short walk from the excellent Millennium Park area and shopping on State street. Rooms looked fairly new and are comfortable. Free breakfast good, as with all Hampton Inns. Friendly staff. Only a few 100 yards from the Monroe train stop - so only $2.25 trip direct from airport (took about 40 minutes).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaliTour2009

Reviewed 20 September 2009

Our room had the most comfortable beds with great pillows. We slept well, even on Saturday night when we might have expected some corridor noise. The decor was great, with the theatrical theme of burnt umber walls and curtains, it looked modern and worked well. The breakfast was fine and the staff always helpful. The complimentary coffee and fruit bowl in the lobby are nice touches. The only lack is on-site room service, but you can order from a nearby restaurant, also there is no room fridge, but we knew about these before we arrived. We enjoyed it here and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 September 2009

I spent 2 nights at Hampton Inn and I am not sure what to say about it. Although there is nothing really bad about it, I can’t think of something good to say either. Hampton Inns are usually the inexpensive sister in the Hilton family, nothing fancy, just basic decent hotel accommodation. However, the high price and the very enthusiastic comments from this forum made me believe this is something special. Not exactly. This is a very old building that was probably recently renovated. The colors are all dark however. Dark carpet, dark furniture and dark wall paper, a little to depressing for me. The breakfast is nothing special, just an extended continental breakfast with some kind of fake eggs and gravy, cereals, muffins and beagles. I can’t really imagine how someone can eat enough of that stuff to last them till dinner. They offer free wireless Internet and there are 2 PCs in the lobby with free Internet also. The rooms appeared to be clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, probably they are the best thing about this hotel. I paid $249/ night plus tax and I feel that was no reason for that kind of rate. If you can get this hotel for less than $175 and you don’t mind the Gothic look, you might enjoy this hotel more than I did. The location is great especially if you don’t have a car and like to walk. In conclusion, not a bad hotel, but definitely not a good value or worth the money that they are asking.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurel99

Reviewed 15 September 2009

If you don't mind walking you can get to almost all the attractions, so have some comfy shoes on. The service was wonderful - people at the front desk were helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was nice,nothing fancy but you can definitely get full easily..

I would definitely stay here again! Thank you Majestic.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family