“Fantastic Experience”

Evening Chicago Ghost Tour by Bus
Ranked #74 of 186 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago's premier ghost and dark history tours, now in our fourteenth year of operation. Critically acclaimed, staffed by native Chicago historians, authors and paranoraml investigators.
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Four of us went on a Chicago Hauntings tour as we like to do these kinds of tours in cities we visit. While it's called Chicago Hauntings, we really didn't expect to see ghosts, but we did expect to learn a lot about the history and supposed hauntings at these locations as this is what a lot of these tours seem to be about. Our guide was thoroughly versed in the history of locations we visited (Chicago Cemetery, the location of the St. Valentine's Day massacre, Hull House) and shared a lot of info about other places that we passed along the way such as the Hancock Building and the site where the Chicago fire started--the O'Leary home. Hull House was our last stop, and maybe because it was dark, it seemed quite creepy. Overall, a super experience with a knowledgeable and entertaining guide.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My best friend and I make it a habit of doing a ghost tour in all the cities we visit. Chicago Hauntings was the best tour we've done. I loved the idea with riding the bus and stopping at sites to get off. We stopped at the old Chicago Cemetery, site of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, and Hull House. I had tons of orbs in my photos from the Chicago Cemetery. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and more than happy to answer any of our questions. We got our money worth and more!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I am very familiar with Chicago and thought this would be an interesting way to see something new as part of our girls weekend. It was ok, but i would not recommend. i guess if you've never been to Chicago you might find it interesting, but it was definitely not scary. I would have been mad if we had paid more than $25 for this tour

1  Thank wisgirl01
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I agree with other reviews, this is a history tour with some fun facts, but nothing scary. We went on Valentine's day so it was sort of "love" themed. It wasnt anything special. I could of found this info out on the internet and went driving around the city myself. We were stuck on a bus in the cold and had to get out and walk sometimes to see NOTHING. Not spooky at all, just learned some facts. There are probably better ones out there...

2  Thank bsbetty357
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I'm not a fan of ghost tours but went along with some friends. Our tour guide was Adam and I have to say, this guy is a walking historian for the city of Chicago and its ghostly ways. He was very knowledgable and a great story teller.

If you going on this tour to get scared, then I would not recommend it. However if you want to understand the history of some of the locations, sites, and stories of Chicago ghost and murder history, its pretty good. Definately a little long for my taste.....