“Not Spooky, more of a murder history tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chicago Hauntings

Evening Chicago Ghost Tour by Bus
Ranked #74 of 170 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago's premier ghost and dark history tours, now in our fourteenth year of operation. Critically acclaimed, staffed by native Chicago historians, authors and paranoraml investigators.
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not Spooky, more of a murder history tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I have been on haunted tours in New Orleans and Florida keys, this Chicago tour left much to be desired.
The tour guide was 10 min late. The bus was spooky looking, that's about as scary as it got.
I did learn some interesting facts about murders and disasters in the city. The tour just didn't have the feel of a ghost tour and was boring.

3 Thank worldtraveler0764

Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great fun ! Unique tour !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our friends invited us on this tour and we were surprised how much fun we had ! We had Adam as the tour guide and Wendy as the driver and they were FANTASTIC ! It's amazing how he remembers all the facts and is so enthusiastic even though I'm sure he has repeated it so many times. To me the Hull House stop was most interesting. Despite it was raining, we still had a good time.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank TripTake1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mostly not ghostly!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I took our teens on this tour. I was kind of disappointed, because I was looking for "hauntings". The guide took us to a couple of places where there have been "sightings", but for the most part the tour was only, "this is where this guy was shot, this is where these people were killed", etc. It was a lesson in Chicago murder history more than anything.

The O.C.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I fell asleep”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This may be one of the worst tours I've ever been on. The truck smelled from the diesel fumes and they kept it idling even when stopped at locations while the narrator spoke. The fumes got so bad I fell asleep or passed out from the carbon monoxide. Maybe that's how they get you to hallucinate and see ghosts. They stopped at places that used to be there, they went to sites that were closed and told good ghost stories about bones rising from the earth at a local park. You want to see hauntings, go to the Haunted Mansion in Disney parks.

6 Thank buellwinkle2
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Is it a Ghost? Nope, it's cigarette smoke!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Good price. Great History lessons. Did I expect to see a ghost? No. But I expected to be able to listen to the tour guide without having to breathe in everyone's smoke. :-(

The amount of smokers on this tour was crazy. Every single time we stepped off the bus, someone was lighting up and puffing away. It was so bad, that we ended up having to stand so far from the group that we couldn't hear half of what the guide was saying.

How about a smoke-free tour?

Same complaint about having to arrive early. We stood outside the bus door as the driver and the guide looked everywhere but at the customers. We DID leave on time though.

Both gentlemen were cordial and funny and like I said, the history (that we heard on the bus) was interesting.

Would I recommend it? If you smoke, have at it. You'll love the tour! If you don't smoke, bring a gas mask.

2 Thank followmearound