“Wonderful food and kid friendly to boot”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Description: EDDIE V'S GUEST DRESS CODE Business casual. No hats, gym shoes, flip flops or sweat pants. Dress shorts and dress jeans are fine.
Chicago Metro area, IL
“Wonderful food and kid friendly to boot”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ate there last week and was happily surprised at how good the food was. We had attempted to walk in to Joe's and were turned away because we had no reservations.

This place was much less crowded but the service was phenomenal and the food was superb.

My 3 preschool nephews were with us and they happily accommodated them. There's no kid's menu but the waiter was able to recite some options (including chicken tenders).

We both had the Georges Bay Scallops (yum!), and split a crab cake for an appetizer. Sides - asparagus, broccoli, and mac n cheese (kid's meal). Highly recommend everything we had.

2 Thank TC99

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Michigan
“Best seafood!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first visit to Eddie V's but it won't be our last. We saved this restaurant for our "special" vacation meal as we knew it was a little pricey. We started with the lobster bisque-excellent, and the crab cake. Best crab cake I've ever had in my life. Not a bunch of bread crumbs and filler, just oodles of luscious crab. For our entrees, I ordered the shrimp oregonata and my husband had the swordfish, both outstanding. Other interesting item we ordered was the crab fried rice side dish for our daughter, excellent surprise, we all split it. In addition to wonderful seafood, the service was outstanding-even down to the waitress practically escorting me to the restroom to make sure I found it! Can't wait to go back.

Massachusetts
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First time to Eddie V's and it was great. I hesitated to go at first since I know there are other locations, but how wrong I was. The food, ambiance, and service were all top notch. I had the Red-fish (highly recommend) and my wife the swordfish which was also wonderful. The even had live music playing in the bar area which made the experience even more special. It was so good in fact we went back for the happy hour the next night and while a different experience - it was great as well. If I have the chance - will also try their other locations.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have eaten at Eddie V's in Scottsdale and were excited to see that it has now opened in Chicago. The food was great. We split the NY Strip and the Shrimp Oreganatta (a deconstructed shrimp with Panko breadcrumbs.) The service was great even though we were there on Father's Day. Nice atmosphere with different levels in the dining room and it was quiet so you could hear each other well.

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Meal At Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visiting Chicago from LA. Couldn't get into Joe's Seafood, so tried Eddie V's across the street and had a very nice dinner. My wife had the Chilean sea bass and I had the sole. We split a soft shell crab appetizer. All were delicious and subtle with generous portions. The entrees were reasonable at just under $30 for each. My first bight of the heated chocolate cake was as good as the first sip of a really good cold beer on a hot day. The service was attentive and friendly and the music, though not outstanding, was pleasant. I am completely unbothered that it is a chain. I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!