“Great Place to Stay in Chicago”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Hansen House Mansion Guest House
Ranked #17 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My parents stayed here for three days while visiting us in Chicago. It's a great location (Lincoln Park neighborhood is the best!). The house is impeccably maintained and the room (Architect's Chamber) was spacious, clean and comfortable.
Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank teekay60614
There are newer reviews for Hansen House Mansion Guest House

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I always try to stay at historic places with charm when I travel, and Hansen House was my perfect choice for my first visit to Chicago. I loved the neighborhood, it made me see something more than downtown during my two day stay, and still it was close and easy to get to. I took the guided tour around old town, which I really recommend for anyone interested in history. Best of all, the host is such a lovely person who made me feeling welcome and the house is so well-kept. I will definitely stay there again if I come back to Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Myrpe
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were in town for a wedding and booked several places to fill with adult family members. There were nine of us in the Hansen House. It turned out to be a great place to stay. The Old Town neighborhood is lots of fun and the runners in our group loved the quick access to Lincoln Park. Transportation is easy using the brown or red lines, and cabs are easy to get. We had a terrific time. After we left, Fran sent us a box full of stuff we left behind in drawers. She was very accommodating.

Room Tip: There are three elegant rooms with queens (very comfortable). Another room has two singles. We also...
Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sojourner43018
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed at the Hansen House while we did the One of a Kind show downtown. It was wonderful for location and relaxation at then end of a busy day of selling. Fran was so great to work with and had so many choices of where to go and eat local. The brown line was just a few blocks away to walk to, parking on the street right outside the door was also a big bonus and not pay the outrageous fees of downtown. It was clean and comfortable as well as spacious! I wish that we could have spent more time as visitors with out having the show to do every day so that we could have enjoyed the house and it's location more. I would stay again next time we are in Chicago without a problem, we saved money and loved it more than a downtown hotel. The shopping near by is a plus along with the wonderful restaurants. Plus if you hop on the brown line you can shop the loop by getting off at Chicago, hop a bus to Michigan Ave.
We can't thank Fran enough for working with us and all our problems.

Room Tip: We loved our room at the top of the stairs on the second floor and the bath is wonderful and huge!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kredhead51
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed at Hansen House for two nights in late September and would definitely go back!

*ROOMS:
Spatious with lovely doors, decor, & furniture. Nice communal spaces, too!

*PEOPLE:
Fran is a fantastic host, with an INCREDIBLE ability to tell you where everything is. She even drew us little maps :D Thanks Fran!

*NEIGHBORHOOD:
The house is on the southern tip of Lincoln Park, just a few stops north of downtown loop area and a couple stops from near north. Nice restaurants around, a quiet neighborhood at night. We caught the Wednesday farmer's market which was an added bonus~
Definitely stood out against the downtown Chicago hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eggberry
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife, daughter and I recently did a road trip to Chicago. We ended up making reservations at the Hansen House. Smartest decision we made. Aside from the great location and price (1/3 of what you'd pay for a hotel in the area), our host, Fran, was very welcoming and helpful. She provided us with ample information regarding great restaurants in the area, grocery store location and recommended attractions in the city. Free street parking, right in front of the guesthouse, was a bonus as well. You can't go wrong staying in this hidden gem!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hansen House late July. We really enjoyed our stay. It is only blocks away from North ave. Beach and Lincoln Park is only across the street. We stayed at the architect’s quarters which were very nice and harkened back to a time when Chicago was in its prime. Fran is very helpful when it comes to location of various activities going on in Chicago. The only negative I have is not a big one and that concerns the temperature in the house. I personally get hot very easily and am miserable when the temp. is not where I like it. When I asked about the thermostat I was told that it was for the whole house and that the night got to 60 degrees at night and to open the window. At the end of the stay Fran informed me that I could have asked for her to turn up the A/C. She didn’t mention this at the start of the visit. So I thought for the comfort of all guests that the thermostat wasn’t negotiable. I really wished that I had asked her to turn u the A/C instead of suffering though it thinking that it wasn’t allowed. I only bring this up so that if anybody else is staying here to ask Fran to adjust the temp to what you like. The Hanson house looks great and is very homey. The beds are very comfortable and all the little amenities that you won’t have at a hotel makes this a memorable experience. All in all a great place and I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple