“Awesome 3-hr Tour / Adventure w/ Eddy”

Bobby's Bike Hike Chicago
Book In Advance
More Info
US$53.10*
and up
Chicago Holiday Stroll and Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 188 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Bobby's Bike Hike Chicago is a great value - providing signature guided bicycle tours, year-round walking tours, and delicious food and culture tours. We have various tours designed for a wide variety of interests, ages, and skill levels. Check out our brand-new, season walking & food tours(Bobby's Hikes). Bobby tours Chicago in style with deluxe Schwinn Comfort bikes complete with cushy seats, fat tires, and annoying bells :). Our hand-selected guides are chock full of historical information which is sure to inform and entertain you on your journey. Our folks in the shop are friendly and helpful and they will take the time to teach you the ropes before sending you on your way. Tours include the Lakefront Neighborhoods Tour which was Voted Best Chicago Tour seven years in a row, the City Lights at Night Tour which is a healthy way to explore Chicago at night, Bobby's 'Tike' Hike for families with younger riders, and the Bikes, Bites, & Brews Tour which is a food sampling tour. If you want to learn about Chicago's seedier past, check out the Southside Chicago Gangster Tour. If you want the best views in Chicago, check out our brand-new Museums & Parks at Sunset Tour. We also offer year-round walking and food tours, including the Chicago Favorites Food Tour, Public Art & Architecture Tour, and the Holiday Hike - Season Sampling Tour. All walking tours make use of Chicago's elaborately unique indoor pedway system in inclement weather.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We toured Friday at 9am; we were outfitted with helmets and very comfortable and easy to ride bikes. The 3-hr tour took us to Old Town - the Gold Coast - Lincoln Park - Lincoln Park Zoo area - along the Lakefront Trail. We stopped along the way and were provided interesting fun facts - history, architecture - etc. I would highly recommend this tour and this location for simply bike rentals. They are conveniently located at the end of Ohio - which has a pedestrian walkway under Lakeshore Dr - offering safe passage straight to the Lakefront Trail. I would recommend nobody under the age of 14 ride on a tandem - if they are younger, be sure to keep them very close to the front of the tour behind the guide. The particular tour we were on had us on city streets and there is a lot of traffic - I felt comfortable but would have been very worried as a mom if we had younger kids w/ us. The drivers we encountered were all very courteous - even the cabbies that you know we were slowing down. Great tour - highly recommend it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,840)
All reviews
"hot dogs"
in 53 reviews
"gold coast"
in 37 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 52 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 72 reviews
"three hours"
in 40 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 6 June 2014

As everyone else here has already said repeatedly, this is a great way do some sightseeing. I took the Neighborhoods Tour with Matty, who's a terrific guide--witty and informative and considerate. He kept an eye on everyone in the group, looking out for the less experienced riders while keeping up the pace in order to cover plenty of ground. The three hours passed very quickly and happily.

I returned the next day for a day-long rental, and it was money well spent. The bike was more comfortable than my own, and the bike/pedestrian path along Lake Michigan is some of the best biking I've ever done. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We really had a great time. We did a date here and we really enjoyed ourselves. Our tour guide Karyn was the best. I haven't been on a bike in awhile and she was very patience with me. She not told us things that we didn't know about Chicago, but she also gave me the confidence I needed. We will be coming back here soon.

1  Thank shimillah B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went on the Lakefront Neighbourhood Tour on Sunday and was really lucky to have Chelsea as my guide, and I was the only one on the tour.

We had a great few hours, covering loads of Chicago. Because it was just me, I got a bespoke tour which was brilliant, and manged to get all the way up to Wrigleyville. I saw so much of the city, which really helped me get my bearings. Chelsea was a really good guide - clearly passionate about the city and cycling, full of interesting facts and fun to hang out with. At the end it felt like I had just gone cycling for the day with my friend :) Chicago is a beautiful city to cycle around, the architecture is amazing, lovely parks and the cycle back along the lake front, with the fresh breeze, was a perfect way to end it.

The bikes are easy to ride, and Chelsea made me feel very safe on the roads - one of the highlights was the hi-vis vest I got to wear!

I would definitely recommend this!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to Chicago was Bobby's Lakefront neighborhoods bike tour. Our guide Gabe was superb -- the tour route was carefully chosen and gave us an amazing up front look at the Chicago cityscape... everything from landmarks to quaint neighborhoods, gorgeous parks and quirky houses.

Gabe was extremely attentive and made the experience of riding a bike in a big city safe and fun... there are lots of stops, which provides a perfect mix between covering lots of ground, yet not feeling tired after a 3 hour ride. The tour was very informative, entertaining and fun - could not have been better!

Been to Bobby's Bike Hike Chicago? Share your experiences!