“Excellent place for business and comfort”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #30 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newport Beach, California
“Excellent place for business and comfort”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Had a conference there so we all booked rooms to make it easy. It was very easy to get around and the conference facilities were superb. But the real joy was how close everything was to this hotel. I love to walk around a city with my camera and take photos of the area and this hotel is close to Michigan avenue, tons of great restaurants and clubs and has some of the best staff anywhere I've ever stayed. Not sure if all the rooms are like mine, but I had perhaps the most comfortable room in my long history of traveling. You even get a PILLOW MENU!! I love foam pillows, but they had about 6 or 8 different kinds to choose from. If I didn't have to get up for the meetings I'd have slept in every day. The room size is perfect, long windows that let in lots of light, but heavy curtains for when you don't want that, a coffee bar (a really nice one) with a small fridge and my room even had a small stove and plates & cookware. They probably upgraded me to this, but from talking to the others I was with, they all had about the same as mine only without the stove and fridge, etc.
Of course it's a bit pricey, but on comparison with the other business hotels it is not too bad and I believe worth EVERY penny. You will love it.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor for best light and views. Inquire about the various upgrades - you may not need o...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with your colleagues. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments about our service, rooms, and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed at the Trump at least 5 times and my last visit was as nice as the first. We stayed here for the Auto Show (which has become a yearly tradition). The hotel is on the river and within walking distance to Nordstrom's, State Street, Water Tower and Bloomingdale's. The rooms are modern and elegant and if you stay in a suite you get a full kitchen complete with granite counters and top of the line appliances. It's great if you want to stay for the weekend and spend some time in the room. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows and the suites on the corners have beautiful views of the city, Navy Pier and the lake. The suites also have two full bathrooms which is great if you are staying with the family. The living room has a fireplace and a huge couch that pulls out into a sleeper and also has a big chaise lounge for additional sleeping space. There is a grocery store right outside the hotel if you want to keep some things to eat and drink in the kitchen. The service is wonderful and the hotel is even pet friendly. If you tell them you are bringing a dog they will bring up pet amenities including a dog bed, bows and a blanket. The health club and spa are very nice and over sweeping views of the city. The room service we ordered was delicious and you are also walking distance to Shaw's, McCormick and Schmidt's, Smith and Wollensky, Morton's, the House of Blues, Noodles and Co., Starbucks and the Billy Goat Tavern. This is one of our favorite Chicago hotels.

Room Tip: Pick a suite on the corner. The rooms are very spacious with two bathrooms and the views are gorgeou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoy your time with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues. I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our Trump pet program and glad to know that your dog is enjoying the amenities we offer.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your sixth visit in the very near future.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend in Chicago for our anniversary. We have stayed in quite a few marvelous Chicago hotels (including the Elysian...beautiful!) over the years, and the Trump International didn't disappoint. The decor is modern and elegant, without being a bit stuffy. The staff is kind and helpful. Rooms are beautiful. We had the most "basic" room and it was luxurious and well appointed. Warm browns and deep golds are the primary colors...with deep green/brown granite. Harmonious and soft. It seems a small detail, but the hair dryers are actual high-end hair dryers...not the anemic ones usually supplied. The small wet bar area was well-appointed.
The property had a marvelous spa, workout facility, and pool. The floor-to-ceiling windows are just as described and are stunning. The spa had many small touches I've rarely seen in hotel spas. Every detail at this hotel seemed to be well-considered.
We had brunch at the main restaurant on Sunday. We hadn't done any research, but anticipated a pricey but simple breakfast. We didn't anticipate a 70$ per person meal...but my husband was seduced, so we indulged. The food/quality/service was excellent, but what put it over the top was the view. Amazing! Was it worth the steep price for what amounted to breakfast? Probably not, however it was an indulgent end to a lovely weekend.
Location perfect...easy access to Miracle Mile. Our anniversary dinner was at Keifers...always excellent.
Trump International a great choice!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

If you are visiting the windy city, this is a first class hotel on the river. The service is impeccable. The lobby area is not grand like some of the older hotels, but is secure. The suites are beautiful, providing every comfort, including a fireplace. The food is excellent along with a fashionable bar.

Room Tip: A river view and suite if available.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DDCee
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trump International Tower over Thanksgiving weekend, which also coincided with our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. From the moment we checked in, we had the most amazing time. The room was great with it's own little "kitchen" area complete with a dishwasher, fridge, Nespresso coffee maker and sink...all welcome touches when you are traveling. We loved the bathroom, which was a decent size and featured a TV screen built into the mirror.Since we were celebrating our anniversary, we received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries upon our arrival, which we thought was a beautiful touch. We indulged in breakfast twice, once in our room and once in the restaurant....both experiences were great. The concierge was most helpful in making dinner and show reservations and the reception at the restaurant that we dined at was incredible...say what you will, but the name "Trump" seems to carry quite a bit of weight in the local community so when they know someone from Trump Tower is on the list, the level of respect and customer service seemed to automatically soar. The gym was wonderful and the little touches that were offered like the bowl of apples on Thanksgiving morning or the coffee that was offered the following morning, were really nice and appreciated touches. I travel extensively for business and it is difficult to find a hotel that can be rated "flawless" after a stay....however, Trump International Tower in Chicago would come really close. We would definitely stay at this property again...just a fabulous experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your Anniversary exceeded your expectations and that we were able to ensure your holiday with us was relaxing and memorable. Thank you sincerely for commending our service team. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Checked in to our hotel at 6:30am due to an early flight. They were willing to accommodate us as we are traveling with a 1 year old! Crib was brought right up to our room! Service is top notch & hotel is beautiful!

• Stayed February 2012
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very happy indeed to learn that you consider your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be among the best getaways you have experienced. It is very pleasing to read that our efforts to ensure your little one is comfortable are so warmly acknowledged.

Thank you kindly for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have been traveling for 20+ years on business and have stayed in numerous 5-Star hotels throughout the country. I live in the suburbs and work in downtown Chicago. I looked into staying downtown for a weekend getaway at the usual places like Intercontinental and Penninsula, ect...Trump was brought up so I booked it.....WOW!! What a wonderful experience from the moment we stepped onto the property. The lobby was emaculate and the host at the front desk was so very pleasent and helpful. Checking in was a breeze on the Friday afternoon before Superbowl Sunday if you can imagine that. The entire staff was very warm and polished...not everyplace in town, no matter how highly rated can boast of that; someone has spent time and resources making sure staff "gets it" The room was even nicer than the photos on the website... and talk about clean throughout; not a scratch or blemish anywhere. It seemed like the room as well as the entire hotel just finished final inspection and was set for a photo shoot for a travel magazine. I have to say throughout the room as well as the entire hotel was a very faint scent of what seemed to be a very light lavender or aromatheropy type smell...nothing overpowering in any way, just a great smell everywhere. Possibly all these details are a requirement expected by the Trump family as they set expectations for the managers of the property?? You sort of felt like maybe Mr.Trump or his daughter might show up at any moment for a little property inspection and everyone on duty was ready....no kidding. The food at 16 was second to none and the view of the historic Wrigley Clock Tower while dining was sureal as it felt like it was 50 feet away and quite large. The gym has teriffic views as you work out and it was nice to have a full gym that included a substantial amount of free weights as well as private studios for your stretching, yoga and alternative fitness needs. The locker rooms were fresh and clean and had a very nice sauna and steam bath. Moving forward I will recomend with great confidence to my friends as well as clients the Trump over any other hotel in downtown Chicago.......J.Conway

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complimenting the professionalism of our team and extent of our facilities.

I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire team.
Thank you once again for your review and for benchmarking our Company so favorably against other luxury hotels around the world.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago once again.