“White Glove Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“White Glove Service”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Check in process was seamless and friendly, I forgot her name (Itzurri maybe) was very sweet and smiley. Entered my room blown away at the size-standard room starts at 600 or so sq. ft.! Unbelievable! In a 2 bedded room with 3 of my girlfriends and we have plenty of room to spread out. The bathtub and shower are enclosed by the same door (hard to imagine) but it can create a cool sauna effect.

Asked for a toothbrush and the guest services guy was at my room within 5 min. wearing white gloves! And he greeted me by my last name. I have never experienced such service.

Had lunch at 16, and the waiter was very attentive and the food was fantastic. Heading to the spa this morning, looking forward to the sauna there!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The level of every service was outstanding, starting with an upgrade to a suite. Room was spacious, very clean and great view of the Chicago river. Staff was especially helpful in working with one of us who has a bad back and needing a bed board.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJW2017
petoskey
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This place is nice !!! would return if back in Chicago.In the heart of everything.
Staff is super ! Never know who you may end up with in elevator.rode elevator a few times
with big tv stars.no hot tub at pool area ???

Room Tip: river view suites are nice ...thats where we were at.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Very friendly, great service, centrally located to great shopping .take the "L" train to get there and back to airport was easy because the kind staff helped us. The city is clean, beautiful and Chicago people are so very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My company booked my room but I would return on my own if I could afford it. It is a perfect downtown location. The rooms are completely equipped for comfort and luxury. The meeting rooms aren't special but they were more than adequate. The catered food at the meetings was not particularly memorable or good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel to your friends.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for a week at Trump Hotel Chicago and I have to say I was blown away by the level of quality and service this hotel offers. The river view room was huge, very well appointed with everything we didn't even know we would love to have available to us! My husband became very well acquainted with the concierge staff who did an excellent job of guiding us to the right decisions for choosing restaurants, boat tours and local beer pubs. I have to say that they were a huge part of what made this trip first time trip to Chicago so enjoyable. The hotel is in an excellent location and the floor to ceiling views of the Chicago River and city were an extravagant treat day and night! And I can't forget to mention the treats left by the staff several times during our stay - delicious fruits, cheese and crackers, and a decadent tray of handmade chocolate goodies!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Been to this hotel three times now. First time it was purchased by me to spend two nights for my wife's birthday. We had a number of service problems (cheesecake instead of birthday cake, broken shower head that took hours to fix, dripping water outside room in hallway, missing spa appointments - despite a copy of a confirmation) etc. They comp'd us a night after this experience. We decided to stay two, and pay for another one. This time I got a suite so we upgraded and they charged us the difference between the suite and regular room - which I thought was okay, but kind of weak. The suites are expensive. On this trip, similar problems. Coffee maker shot water out and stained shirt, terrible service in the restaurant, took well over an hour to get our car on departure, and again, they messed up the spa appointments. The kicker was that I didn't have a copy of the letter they gave me to comp the night. They insisted I bring it or mail it for some reason. They charged my credit card until I sent them the actual hard copy of the letter. Now that is client intimate service - insert look of disgust here. After complaining to the manager. They comp'd me another night. I am giving it away to a friend. I have also heard similar stories like mine from many people. The roms are nice because the hotel is new. The service stinks.

Room Tip: Get a regular room, rather than a suite. Much better value and all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple