“L.O.V.E. Trump Chicago!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, TX
“L.O.V.E. Trump Chicago!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The views are absolutely amazing and the beds were perhaps the best ever!!! The hotel staff was very attentive. The hotel bar was definitely the place to be... we barely got a table. Be sure to visit the rooftop bar early as it closed before we got there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Furthermore, I am also thrilled that you had a pleasant time at our hotel bar, Rebar, during your visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 26 January 2013

In town visiting friends and family the Trump was where I wanted to stay of course, but where should I go out? The Night Scene in Chicago is amazing but I wanted to make sure I went somewhere that was the Hottest Club or Restaurant so I asked for APATCHA at the Concierge Desk. She is "THE NOW" for Chicago. Everything I needed was handled by APATCHA, once you speak to her you will know why. I also liked that entire staff was genuinely nice. It seems they really do care about your well being and not the normal nose up in the air pretentious attitude.
The lobby is also very exciting seeing different movers and shakers in the City in and out and you see the trends of today. This is the "A List" place to stay.

Room Tip: The Snack Bar has treats and sweets I have never seen before. If you get the munchies late its good...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank CaliBec
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be one of the best experiences you have had. Thank you sincerely for commending Apatcha Chong our Concierge and our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Richland, Michigan
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for business meetings on site. The room was spacious, nice and luxurious... But the style was somewhat cold and masculine. The TV in the bathroom mirror is notorious... Frankly, I found it annoying because it was right in the way of fixing my hair or make up. The sower was nice, the bed was comfortable, the view was excellent. I loved the Nespresso machine in the room for the morning... Much better than a small brew pot! I also found the service very friendly. The concierge desk helped me locate a jeweler in the area who could change my watch battery in the day... Thanks Christopher! And then the friendly house car driver dropped me off. The doormen were always pleasant and smiling. The meeting room facilities were good too... Nice window views and the food was good. Overall, a top notch hotel.... Just personally prefer a cozier feel to the decor.

Room Tip: Get a good view!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Noel G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the masculine feel of your hotel room and do apologize that it was not to your liking. However, I would highly suggest you stay in one of our spa rooms for your next visit with us. Our spa rooms have more of a feminine and cozy feel to them. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel disappointed in any way after your stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Stayed here on a business trip to Chicago. Conference got a discounted rate at the Trump. The room was one of the biggest rooms I have had in a big city hotel room, even had exercise equipment in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Maybe a bit $$$ on your own, but for business, perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank need2travel_99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your business trip and for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is great to hear that you not only had a positive experience at our property but that you also enjoyed the in-room exercise equipment. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We spent our 4 last night in Chicago at the trump to say our goodbye to the city. All together the hotel is incredible and the view was breathtaking (we had a view from a spa room on the river). The bathroom was incredible also and our bed was very confortable. The concierge and the reception were amazing, helpful and friendly.
I had grat experience at the spa and the nails salon.

Just a few remarks.
We were there with a baby and a toddler. The baby bed was perfect, but they installed my older daughter on a kind of sofa from which she felts down the whole 1st night. I had to ask for an extra bed, but the 1st night was a nightmare, this sofa is NOT a bed! The the room was knd of crowded with the sofa + the extrabed (the crib was never an issue as it was in the corridor.
In the afternoon, the swimming pool tended to be crouded with childrens and their nanny (not from the hotel.
The servers from the bar of the sixteen were neither very friendly neither very helpful.

It was a very expensive hotel. I would have expected everything to be perfect and was a little bit dispapointed by the extrabed issue. Altogether I would say that the spa room are not designed for an extrabed and they should have told me so.

Room Tip: spa rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kirikou8
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the inconvenience you and your family went through due to the sofa bed. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after your stay with us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. The rooms are large, even the standard category rooms are very spacious with extraordinary views. The beds are super luxurious. Even the fitness center has a view that is inspiring. The restaurant 16 is fabulous with an amazing view of the Wrigley building and the Tribune building. My favorite spot is Rebar, the sushi is not only delicious, but creative as well. The staff is so professional and accommodating, they truly understand the essence of 5 star service. I highly recommend this hotel for either a business or leisure stay.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 333CMTraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is thrilling to know that you enjoyed your dining experiences at both Rebar and Sixteen Restaurant on our property. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend a few days with us.

USA
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We just checked in after an easy trip from the NYC area. This is about our 5th stay at the Trump Chicago. Recently I had complained (call it constructive criticism) about Trump's database: there had been email address difficulties (one of mine didn't work, the other did, but two emails led to a problem with the Trump Card numbers). The staff immediately contacted me to say they would be on top of it. Upon arrival, someone specifically escorted us to the room and discussed this difficulty and the resolution. A very nice touch, but that wasn't the end.

Ten minutes later, the bell rang, with complementary fruit and a very nice bottle of Pinot Noir arriving from the manager. I'm enjoying it now with a view of the lake. My wife usually prefers big cabs over pinots, and she agreed it was good. I think this was completely unnecessary, and I would never expect it. But a surprise now and then... is icing on the cake.

So once again, a glowing review of Trump. As I said in another review, the service is uniformly exceptional (including Trump Toronto). The facilities here in Chicago are a step above, however, among the best in the world. Take advantage of the pool & spa. Just get away and relax -- you will enjoy every minute. Keep an eye open for their specials -- stay 3 nights and you can often get a nice price reduction off their regular rates here in Chicago. Far more affordable than what I see in NYC. We have yet to try their restaurant (Sixteen) because of the Smith and Wollensky next door (a tradition of ours). Rebar is good fun, though, for drinks and light munchies.

Two thumbs up. Again.

Room Tip: Spring for the view of the river, or -- even better -- the lake.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jay E
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to read your praises about our team, services and facilities. Furthermore, I know my colleagues will be equally thrilled to learn of your kind remarks and recognition regarding their efforts to meet your needs. It is because of invaluable guests such as yourself that we continue to provide the best service possible.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the very near future.