“Overall Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Overall Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very consistent in providing excellent service. I always stay here in Chicago and enjoy it every time. The room I had this time was on the spa floor, not as good as other floors I've stayed on, but overall great hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I would also like to thank you for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel.

While I am happy to read your positive comments and learn that you have consistently received excellent service from our team, I would like to extend my apologies that you did not feel your room on the spa floor was as satisfactory as rooms you've had during your past visits.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently used this hotel for an event and I cannot speak highly enough of the service and guest experience. From the moment you walk into the meeting space on 16 and 17 floors, you are blown away by the magnificent views across downtown Chicago and the river.

The meeting space is set to raise the bar in expectations and is coupled with extraordinary customer service. The banqueting menus are sublime.

All in all, this is a cracker of a hotel and in my top 5 around the World.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent event and for taking the time to post a review.

I am very pleased to learn you regard us to be among your top five hotels around the world and that you found our service and guest experience to raise the bar.

I do hope your travels give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Brush Creek, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of spending three nights at this gem in the heart of Chicago and would gladly go back anytime. I Almost felt like Norm from the TV show "Cheers" because everyone on the staff knew my name, and made it a point to call me by my name often. What hotel does that? Very impressive! The restaurants on property are excellent, the meeting faculties are way above par, and the rooms are amazing! Really liked the tv installed in the mirror inside the bathrooms. Nearby shopping is awesome as well! The Trump leaves no stone unturned when it comes to making sure your stay is comfortable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with us and that our facilities and staff ensured your stay was comfortable.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I recently completed a one night stay at the Trump International Hotel. I live in the city of Chicago but periodically stay in the downtown hotels in order to get the visitor perspective. I use this experience so that I may offer recommendations to friends and family who visit from the East Coast either on business or for pleasure. I only allow certain family members to stay at my place. The others get shipped off to area hotels :)

Upon check in, we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. Not the usual rushed and impersonal greeting. The young lady was genuinely glad to see us as if she knew us. We completed the check-in process with pleasant conversation. But what was most different from my experiences at other hotels, was the fact that the young lady came from around the desk and handed us our key cards and walked us to the elevator conversing the whole time with a pleasant smile. She pushed the button for our floor and sent us on our way. That was a great way to welcome a guest. I feel like a jerk now for not recalling her name, but I have not forgotten her professionalism. This was the theme throughout our stay. Not me being a jerk but the professionalism and customer service :) Every staff member we encountered was beyond helpful and professional. The bellman patiently took the time to show us our room and explain all the amenities. The room, by the way, is spectacular. My wife now has me going to every high end furniture store in the city to replace our current furniture with comparable Trump design. The bathroom is like a mini spa with a TV in the mirror. Now my wife can truly complain about me being in the bathroom too long. It was so relaxing in there, I was tempted to take a bath (please do not tell my buddies). My only complaint would be that the enclosed shower was a little tight. I needed just a little more elbow room. But I am being picky, or perhaps I just need to drop a few pounds......no, I am being picky.

Back to the service. Again we only stayed one night but the staff had treated us like we were there for a month. The pool was amazing. The location can't be beat as the area of Kinzie and Hubbard is the place to be for great dining and nightlife. Trump International will be the first hotel I recommend from now on. Great experience. Job well done. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 2ndCity
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and that you would recommend our hotel as a great experience to your friends and family.

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments regarding our facilities and the warm greeting and professional service you were provided by our front desk and bellman.

Thank you kindly for your review on TripAdvisor. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 5 April 2013

After spending 3 terrible nights in the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago I decided to move to the Trump International for my rest 3 nights and that was the best decision I took.

Since our arrival we experimented being special. We were greeted by our name (believe it or not they were expecting us) and walk directly to the check in were we were handed warm lavander towels. I upgraded us to a suite with a river view and that was simple amazing, what a room...what a view !!!

Can´t praise enough this hotel but specially the service is what impressed me more (specially after coming from the Intercontinental where they have no idea what the word service means). The staff was always smiling and couldn´t do more to keep us happy.

We booked tours with David in Concierge. Had wonderful breakfasts in the Sixteen Restaurant (you have to try their pancakes and waffles), and even ordered it to the room one morning and it was set beautifully in the dining room table with flowers.

Lots of complimentary things like Internet, a house car that takes you around to nearby places, Business Centre, water delivered everyday to the room, my kids received 2 Cokes and 2 potato chips bags...they really make you feel you are not being squeezed for money.

I also ordered some things through Internet and they were promptly delivered to the room without charge (and I mention this because in the Intercontinental they charge you shipping & storage for any package you receive....).

This hotel is really a must go if you visit Chicago. Can´t praise it enough, I simply loved it !

Room Tip: If possible book the room with a river view...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your positive review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time spent with us.

I truly appreciate your appraisal of not only our facilities, but also the level of service you received from our team. Thank you also for your kind remarks about Sixteen, our in room dining service, and your recognition of our concierge and amenities.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Everything was excellent The location
The valet parking the stuff in the checking
The room Are beautiful And very clean
The stuff in the breakfast Was Helpful And they give us everything we need And ask Even if it's not in the menu

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Yigaldoga
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review of your visit. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our facilities and staff.

I do hope you will be returning to visit again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming you.

detroit
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have stayed here once before, in 2010. It was my birthday at that time. I could not have asked for a better stay, it was spectacular. I opened the door to a little cake and card wishing me Happy Birthday, I was unexpectedly upgraded from my regular room to a one bedroom suite, with glorious views of the river up to the lake, the clock tower, Michigan Ave, I was just in awe, just mesmerized. This time was also spectacular, with a couple exceptions, but with a couple more "wow's" also.

I reserved a one bedroom suite, since liking it so much last time, but with a "city view" and it was the "Suite Deal" that included a food and beverage credit, which we used for dinner, and a breakfast credit also, which was enough for the two of us in the morning. Delicious. And having room service in the room is always wonderful. Valet parking was ALSO included. It's such a good deal, you really can't pass it up. I guess I was secretly hoping they would graciously pop me over to the river view side, as nicely as they did before, (though then it was my birthday) I did request it with the attache', and also commented on my Trump Card profile how I love the river views. But alas, my beautiful suite this time had the view of an office bldg. with people working in it. But that is what I reserved, and I was getting such a great deal, it turned out to not really be an issue. (But now I do know for next time, I will always reserve the river side! :)

One other thing also was I had mentioned prior to arrival was that we needed the sofa bed ready, since a friend was coming along with me this trip. It was not made, and no extra blankets were to be found. Ok, we let it go for now, no big deal, thinking maybe turn down service did that later.

In the meantime, I called for an extra blanket, (we thought too, she could just sleep on the couch, without pulling it out, though we would need a blanket.) Just as I got a glass of water, put some ice in it, then sat down, the doorbell is ringing, and there are my extra blankets. It made me smile, as if this nice gentleman were just standing in the hall, waiting for someone to call and request extra blankets, he was there is a zip. Then I arrange the blankets, sit down again, and the phone rings. "This is housekeeping, did you get your blankets" (Smile) funny to me again, I just ask for a blanket and they can't do enough for you, it was great. They then did come later to do the sofa bed, about 9:45pm. He was sincerely apologizing for being late, very nice and quick.

Also night service tech was wonderful, did so much more than just turn down the bed. She was efficient and very nice. She noticed we had used our coffee pods, and she said house keeping would come to refill, but they never did, it was late anyway so we didn't worry about it. But then again, I mentioned it to the dining service as I was ordering breakfast, and 1,2,3, ZIP...doorbell....here are your coffee pods. Smile again...He even had two different kinds, not knowing which one I wanted.

I was thinking geeze, when something rough happens in the world and you think, boy, there just aren't any nice people left in the world, that's because they're all at the TRUMP!

Room Tip: RIver View, River View
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NancyKay
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful birthday experience before and returned as a result of the service you received.

While I am happy to read your appraisal of our staff quickly and efficiently attending to your needs, I would like to extend my apologies that the sofa bed was not prepared as you had requested.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.