“Expected More”

Ranked #29 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Expected More”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Overall our stay was fine. Just that. The checkin was a bit of a mess - they gave us keys for someone else's room and we had to wait a 1/2 hour for keys to our room. The rooms are big and well appointed, but the beds are awful! Super mushy. The room looked out onto Wacker Drive and there was a lot of noise from the street. The elevator situation was terrible. Long waits, and very crowded rides. Also you needed to use your key card to get to your floor and many times the card wouldn't read in the elevator. The hotel amenities are nice - the spa, pool, workout center, terrace. The room service menu and honor bar was ridiculously expensive. Location was great. All in all, some good things, some bad things.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Chezllama
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.
While I am happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by multiple service lapses. I can appreciate what an inconvenience it was for you and your family. Please be assured that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking it as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities.

I do hope we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I arrived early morning at the hotel expecting my room not to be ready, but the staff were able to find a solution for me. Good facilities, very prompt service. The staff were amiable and efficient. I would recommend to anyone travelling to Chicago. And the views over the city were brilliant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to learn our team was able to accommodate your early arrival and that you regard the service you received as prompt, amiable and efficient. I also appreciate your appraisal of the hotel facilities. We certainly look forward to welcome your return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 June 2013

i have stayed in the Trump Chicago numerous times and it is always WONDERFUL.
Ask for a river view for one of the most spectacular city views in the world--right over the gorgeous architecture and the Chicago River and beyond it Lake Michigan
So much thoughtfulness has gone into every detail of the rooms, including all the things so many 5 star hotels miss--lighting of all levels, numerous power outlets to handle all your gizmos, gorgeous bathrooms, nespresso machines
At times I've stayed in rooms that are the equivalent of a luxury apartment, with dishwasher, kitchenette, living rooms, etc.
But even the small room i am in now has enough space to relax, do yoga, stretch out, etc, in the lap of luxury. I have never had a problem here in numerous stays (which is a rarity with hotels). The staff are always awesome. I'd give this 6 stars if I could!!

Room Tip: river view is awesome
2 Thank katiew108
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor and for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. I am so pleased to read your comments regarding our efforts to put great thought into the details of our rooms, so as to deliver upon the high standards we set ourselves and to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome. I am also happy to learn that our team has always been good to you.

I truly appreciate your kind words and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Great property, large rooms. Superb location. However, please get better beds and pillows. Even the Westin provides choice of pillows from soft to firm. Bed is not the best but was adequate. Overall good experience. I find there are better choices along the river.

1 Thank Shuler_dennis
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am please to read that you enjoyed your experience and I appreciate your appraisal of our property.
While I am happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by the bed and pillows. I can assure you we are further investigating to improve our facilities and services so as to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves.

I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Dallas
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Awful. Upon arrival I was advised that my room was not yet ready. No problem, as I had arrived at about 2:00 p.m. knowing that check-in time was 3:00 p.m. I was told that the front desk would call my cell phone when my room was ready. When I asked if there was a restaurant in the hotel where I could get lunch, I was advised by the front desk that there was no restaurant available, and that I "would have to leave the hotel." I left my suitcase with the front desk, and did as I was told and left the hotel to find lunch. Upon my return to the Trump Hotel at about 3:00 p.m., and now drenched in sweat from the walk in my business suit on a humid day, my room was still not ready. Finally, at about 3:20 I had had enough waiting and I approached the front desk and asked for the key to my room. I was ultimately given a key, but then had to wait nearly 10 minutes for my suitcase. I missed my 3:30 meeting. My only reason for being at the Trump Hotel was to attend that meeting.

I did call the manager and I explain what happened. She was professional courteous and she did offer to buy me lunch or dinner in the hotel; an offer I politely declined. Getting something for free was not going to compensate me for missing my meeting.

Regarding the rest of the hotel, some aspects were outstanding and some were fair. Aside from some arguable problems with design (i.e. The lobby is too small. I arrived on what was a very busy Friday afternoon in the hotel. The number of people waiting for service at the front desk became so great that the lobby was full. During most of the 20 minutes I waited in the lobby for my room I had to stand for lack of a chair.) the hotel is generally fine.

Every staff person I encountered, except for one, was genuinely friendly and warm. The only exception is unfortunate because this same person reached out to help me while I was waiting for my room. She not only provided me with good service, but she too was warm and friendly - to me. The problem occurred when I finally found an empty chair, it was in front of the concierge desk. While I was sitting there I overheard one concierge complain to a co-worker about the behavior of another guest. Immediately after her remarks is when she noticed me sitting there and she asked me if she could help. When I explained the situation, she tried to help me. She couldn't do anything because my room really was not ready, but she tried which was appreciated.

There is a lot of good at this hotel, but I will never stay here again. No one from my firm will stay here, and I will never schedule or attend another meeting at the Trump Hotel. It's just not worth it.

6 Thank texgurl
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Further to your recent conversation with our Hotel Manager, I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to my attention. I am grateful we were able to better understand your experience as we appreciate all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

Our team at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in any way we fell short in this respect. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Trump Hotel by far has the best location for people that want to see all aspects of the Windy City. The view alone incorporates the whole lake, as well as the rest of the river and skyline. The staff and amenities were more than accommodating. A 5 star rating for every part of my Trump experience. However, the only problem I had with the room was the mattress. It seemed to be way overdue for a replacement. Being the most important part of the stay in a hotel room, it was unfortunate that this was the worst part. I'm hoping the Trump staff will fix this issue because we definitely want to stay again!

Room Tip: The view on the river side of the hotel overlooking the whole city is worth every penny.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Victoria G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience and that our staff and amenities made you feel accommodated.
I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the mattress and have taken note of your concerns as an opportunity for improvement. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and that you were left to feel disappointed in any way.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Pricing kept this property off the top of our list when visiting Chicago. I put off booking a hotel for our daughters graduation and this was the ONLY place in downtown Chicago that could accommodate five adults two weeks out.

The outstanding customer service, the attention to detail in all of the suites furnishings, the magnificent view and ideal location for a weekend in Chicago made our stay memorable and worth every penny! Too notch! I can't wait for our next trip to the city and an excuse to stay again at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that your daughter's graduation celebration was all that you hoped for and that we were able to accommodate your party when others could not. Thank you for sharing your kind appraisal of our team and for taking the time to post a review of your experience.

We look forward to welcoming your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.