“Three times bigger than our first apartment”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #30 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Three times bigger than our first apartment”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This trip was a total splurge for us. We brought our children along to experience Chicago. The Trump was impressive as the reviews suggest. Our room was massive with electric curtains revealing an 80 degree view of the river to Lake Michigan. The service was simply an orchestra directed seamlessly from the warm towel at check-in to the sofa bed being made for the kids with precision timing. We were on the 23rd floor and could still hear the noise of the city so consider a high room. The restaurant, Sixteen, served a tasty breakfast (no wait!).

My favorite aspect was the free wifi/gym access (incredible hotel gym). I have stayed in luxurious properties more expensive than Trump that nickled and dimed for gym access and wifi. Finally, a hotel willing to include these services. Bravo, Mr. Trump!

Only complaint would be the lack of a lobby quick bite restaurant. (The lobby is quite small considering the size of the hotel.)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chestpain
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your family's visit to Chicago. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the convenience of the fitness center, the views of your room, and breakfast at Sixteen as we make every effort to ensure your stay is comfortable and your needs are anticipated. In addition, thank you for your kind comments regarding our service team. I certainly hope to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I'm at the trump as I write this review. Stayed in a Deluxe king room instead of our normal king suite. Brought the kids down for the light festival and parade. We had a room with a great view.. Loved it..that was good great part of our stay... Now for the not so good part. Missing cookies and milk for the kids..asked serval times and they only gave us one cookie and milk. Had two kids and an infant. Requested the sofa bed to be setup..took 1hr and 30min after calling house keeping 3 times! kids couldn't go to bed until 10:30 after a long day..last but least a dirty plate in the cabinet and finger spots on the closet doors and room door.. The Trump is getting too busy and service is slipping. I stay here probably 3 times a year so I know when service is off.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Holli W
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Further to your recent conversation with our Director of Rooms, I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. I am grateful my colleague had the opportunity to speak with you and better understand your experience. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies if you were left to feel disappointed in any way after your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A great high end Chicago hotel. Excellent location with easy access to Michigan Avenue, River North, and the Loop. We stayed a weekend for our wedding anniversary and upgraded to a suite with river view. Beautiful room and with a wonderful view. Staff was very professional. The suites are nice with a second bathroom and a full kitchen.

My only critique is that there are a few details that seem like they weren't thought through fully in the room design. For example, the full length mirror in the dressing area is nice, but there is no light by it so you are looking at yourself in a shadow. The actual storage area in the main bathroom is limited, a shelf underneath the counter would have helped a lot. And there is not a button by the bed to allow you to control the curtains. These are minor details that I have seen other high end hotels think through more carefully. But it is still one of the best hotels in Chicago.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience. We are honored to have hosted your wedding anniversary celebration and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely appreciate your notes regarding our team's professionalism.
In addition, thank you for your suggestions and constructive comments as we welcome such feedback as an opportunity to review and improve our services and facilities. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these items may have caused you, but I am happy to read you still regard our hotel to be of the best in Chicago. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Best of the best... this is just awesome.. Stayed for 3 days, it was just spectacular, got to see Magnificent Mile Lights from my room, OMG, the entire view of the city was fantastic. Staff is fantastic and helpful.

Lobby is very small compared to the size of the hotel, but I guess that's what you get in this crowded city.

Restro bar is little costly that is what i felt.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors or City view, it is just worth the money..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you consider your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be the best of the best and that you enjoyed your view of The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival. Thank you for commending our service team and their efforts in assisting you during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My exemplary experience at The Trump Tower was completely amazing! From the moment you walked in, the courteous hotel staff are ready to accommodate your every need & whim. I loved my hotel suite....gorgeous panoramic views of Chicago!
Luxury at its finest...Trump Tower literally "trumps" all hotel visits I've been too.
Thank you!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read you regard your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be the best you've experienced. Thank you for your kind appraisal of our service team and the suite in which you stay. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Regardless of his hair style, Trump knows how to run a hotel. Exceptional staff, fabulous rooms with a great location on the river. Walking distance to eating (try the ribs at the Public House one block away). The "gift shop" is a bit of a bummer... mostly jewelry.... not much in the way of sundaries or necessaties, but there is a nearby 7-11 walking distance in case you forget something for your trip. Another nice thing is if you fly in from O'Hare, you can take the CTA "BLUE LINE" train $5.00 right from the airport to within a couple of blocks walk from the hotel. Safe and comfortable, and beats a $45 cab ride that takes just as long! Overall the trump is a fine executive level hotel... room with all taxes was $320 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if available... Higher levels are impressive skylines at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience and that you regard our hotel to be exceptional. Thank you for your recognition of our service team as it is our pleasure to ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming your return.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed for most of a week on business with my wife. Have to say a very good experience. Well situated, great views (23rd) nice spacious room, great bathroom, nice to have the kitchen facilities. Staff were always attentive and were able to know if they had seen you before and who you were. I have to say the concierge staff were above and beyond - we dined out at some of the best places but I had preplanned and made reservations; however my wife was returning early my last night so I had made a solo reservation at a nearby popular steak place - not good and walked out, review of that one to follow; concierge staff "saved my bacon" and got me to front of line at a nearby very popular restaurant that was on a par with the best meals I had - again review of that one to follow and yes the bacon is a clue.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that our Concierge team was able to assist with your dinner reservations. Thank you for your comments of our property; we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.