“Great stays”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #24 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Heading back to Chicago and again staying at Trump. The service is great and the rooms impeccable. I recently joined the affinity program and was upgraded to a suite. Theses are definitely sweet! Full kitchen and more room that I need. Beds are some of the best I've slept in especially the feather pillows. As long as it stays on the company list I will return. .

Room Tip: Join the affinity program for upgrades
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your suite and that the bed was of the best you've experienced. Thank you for commending our service team and your feedback of our rooms. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

perfect service, amazing night views, definitely choose trump again. Trump worths the price that the service was good and the staff were really nice. I love the tv inside the mirror. Choose higher floor if you can, the view was fantastic!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you regard the service you received at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as perfect and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your appraisal of our team and for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

In a city increasingly full of world class hotels, the Trump stands out as the best.

I generally have an aversion to Trump properties as they tend to be very over the top and even a touch gaudy (to put it mildly in some cases). The Trump Chicago has wisely ditched this philosophy and implemented modern elegance into everything from the rooms to the restaurants.

First, the room. I've visited this hotel twice now and was in the same room both times. A 2 bedroom suite with floor to ceiling windows looking directly onto the river and out to Navy Pier...perhaps the best view in the city. The living area of the suite was wonderfully decorated and extremely comfortable for a small gathering. Kitchen was well stocked with everything you would want, and if you ask ahead they'll stock it with anything else you might need, all for what I thought was a very reasonable charge (not the norm in a spot like this where prices are often ignored by well heeled clientele). The bedrooms are magnificent as well. Remote control curtains block out the city lights in the evening and open you up to the best view in the city in the morning. Wonderful spa-like bathrooms with tv built into the mirror...which in my case enabled following football while getting cleaned up for the evening. Hardly necessary, but you're not staying at a hotel like this because it's "necessary".

From the time the reservation was made through the time we departed, the service was off the charts. The attaché was in touch well before the trip and anxious to help with dinner/spa/grocery shopping/tickets/etc. Shortly after checking in a bottle of wine and snacks were delivered gratis and with a smile. Anything we needed was a quick phone call away and nothing seemed like too big an ask if it would make our trip more enjoyable. The service level here is matched at very few properties I've been too anywhere, and well ahead of most of the Four Seasons or Ritz's I've visited.

Weather was pretty brutal in Chicago this trip (as is often the case) so we stayed in the hotel for a few meals and drinks. 16 is spectacular, though quite formal if you're just looking for a little snack or breakfast. The bar downstairs is far more casual but still a great place for a cocktail and some snacks. As part of avoiding the conditions outside, I spent some time in the spa and had a world class massage. The accompanying gym puts any other hotel gym to shame and the locker rooms are very well equipped, though the steam and shower systems were oddly sub-par compared to other high dollar spas (this is really nit-picking..but at these prices you kind of get to).

Overall this is as good as it gets for an urban hotel experience. Start to finish you are incredibly well taken care of in an over the top luxurious setting...kind of hard to ask for more than that. I will return every time I'm in Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river for the best views in the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your detailed feedback of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and that you felt your needs were more than met as it is our true pleasure to ensure you feel welcome and well taken care of. I appreciate your appraisal of our team, especially that of Attache, and am happy we could make your stay relaxing and memorable.

Once again, thank you for returning to Trump Tower Chicago and for sharing on Trip Advisor your kind remarks of our hotel, spa and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Trump over New Years for 5 nights and found all aspects of the hotel from the food to the service to be impeccable to say the least. The rooms were huge and offered amazing views of the city. The service from the door man to reservations was straight forward and done with a smile. The food was impressive and Sixteen restaurant in particular was quite an experience and a must.

All in all a great experience and I can't wait to go back.

Natalie
Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for kindly for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed your five night stay with us and that you found the service to be impeccable and friendly. It is truly our pleasure to have welcomed you and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 2 kids (10 and 11) over October half term. We requested a room that was high and were very pleased to be on the 26th floor with free upgrade to exceptional views of the river and lake and city. Room was lovely with a kitchen and coffee machine - with added extras to choose from.
Swimming pool was a real hit with the kids, quiet and very clean. Room service excellent and we all liked the evening turn down service by Brandon who was really polite and helpful when making up the sofa bed for the children to stay on. Hotel also offered a free DVD service to entertain kids in the evening.
Chicago was a great city to explore and we found loads to do, galleries, theatre, restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you regard your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as the best ever. Thank you for sharing your feedback of your favorite amenities and features. I am certainly happy to learn your children enjoyed their time as it is important to us that we ensure your family's needs are met. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed in a suite this time and it was very beautiful. Very modern, everything you could want in a hotel....loved the windows that opened and closed! Lots of rooms to spread out all over. Great location for shopping and watching the boats. They were also very attentive in dealing with us at the restaurants. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank floribel1

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and that your suite was to your liking. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our location and restaurant service. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I have made it a point to come to Trump Tower early for a getaway by myself or with family. However after 5 years there are many things that have changed and that are lacking. Perhaps the Trump Hotel has gotten too comfortable ?

Cons:
Check- in although our room was ready, no bottled water was offered at check in and no one walked us up to our suite as in years past . Just because I'm a repeat client doesn't mean one should slack in service.

Rooms: the beds are no longer the same comfort they once were. Gone are numerous down pillows, down mattress pillowtop cover and thick fluffy down duvet cover. Sheets are standard. Before the bed was soft and comfortable. The duvet cover is thin and no longer has a cover on it. I was basically sleeping on regular standard sheets on a lumpy mattress .
Cutting corners Mr Trump?
There were no complimentary bottles of water in room.

Lightning: all the light switches have been switched out. You can no longer dim the lights to set a mood or have night mode on. The lights are either on or off . Another way to cut corners?

Sixteen Restaurant: Breakfast waitress was just terrible . No smiles. Diana was terrible in service .Her personality was aloof .
Did not get my drink, had to ask 3 times. Refills were not given automatically like in years past , I had to ask . Service without smiles and attitude.Felt like I was asking too much...and she just didn't look like she wanted to be there. Time for the restaurabt to refresh the staff on customer service skills . The bus men were delightful and friendly .

Pros:

Room was ready early.
Our children's requests were met .. Robes , slippers, Xbox , and delightful surprise of cookies and milk. The woman at checkin was very nice , forgot her name ...

Sixteen : Food was delicious!
Service as I mentioned before was terrible ...

Car service: car was available and the big Cadillac escalade was able to take us to the mag mile. Driver was very nice as were the outside staff.

Overall I was a little disappointed with the changes that have been made to the hotel. Considering Mr Trump likes everything to be the best, the hotel is not the same 5 star experience it once was.

I may have to try to the other 5 star hotels in Chicago on my next stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Windycity21
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests and we pay careful attention to comments such as yours so that we may take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way.
I would like to assure you that our intention is never to "cut corners" and that we make every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves so as to provide a high level of value and warmly memorable experience each and every time a guest visits. I welcome you to please contact our Director of Rooms, Nienke Oosting, directly at noosting@trumphotels.com so that we may fully investigate your experience.
I hope that your experience on this visit will not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you back to Chicago. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return.