“Definitely Would Go Again”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #30 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Definitely Would Go Again”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Trump's reputation isn't lost at this beautiful venue. Upon arrival, the top-notch valets take the car and bellhops handled the luggage while directing us to the lobby. Upon check-in, we were given warm towels scented with lavender so that we could cleanse our hands and refresh. We were escorted to our room and were in awe of the view - city lights, the river, and the lake. Although there are options of sheer and room darkening drapes, we elected to fall asleep to the twinkling city lights. Unlike many other venues, Trump's guestrooms are much quieter. We heard very little of the sirens and traffic. So many nice touches in the room - nespresso machine, pillow menu that we could order the type of pillow we wished to use for the night, even a doorbell who's light we could switch to green (service please) to red (privacy please). For breakfast we dined at 16 - a beautiful spot on the 16th floor. Food and service were both excellent. When we got back in our car for the ride home, we were pleased to see two bottles of "Trump water" waiting for us. Just another great touch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Milwaukeetraveler-dj
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you enjoyed your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for your kind appraisal of our team and facilities and for sharing your favorite features on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read you found the rooms to be quiet so that you were able to relax and enjoy the view. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Wonderful place to stay, great location, beautiful views and amenities.

We stayed for 2 nights, but if time had permitted we'd have been keen to stay longer.

Neither of us used the spa facilities, but we did view the health club. Lots of machines arranged in the round to make the most of the stunning views. The pool was quite impressive, but not terribly large for lane swimming.

Staff we're all by friendly, we rocked up with backpacks looking somewhat scruffy, but were made to feel very welcome . The experience was nothing short of luxurious, and the bed was without a doubt the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! Our room had a small kitchen which we didn't use, but it seemed very well equipped. The coffee facilities were much appreciated.

We relied on the subway/trains for transport to and from the airport and around the city, and found this location very convenient, using state/lake stop as our starting point. From this station we were able to get to and from the airport on the blue line (changing at one station a stop away), and we also managed to see the bulls play too.

A very enjoyable holiday!

Room Tip: Obviously the hight he room, the better the view. We we're on the 20th floor which had a nice vi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yelliew
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to read your positive feedback of our Spa health club, views and amenities, as well as your kind recognition of our team's efforts to ensure you were comfortable and warmly welcomed. I was also pleased to learn the location was convenient for your visit. I certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Booked a room for the end of April last week, the next day my credit card company called me worried about fraudulent charges from this hotel as they had charged my credit card twice for the room. I have called the past four days trying to get this resolved and am still working on it. Called again today finally spoke with someone that can help me and really was treated as if I am to blame for this, the guy on the phone even went so far to ask if I am having this problem because I don't have enough funds on my credit card for this room and that is why the a hold was put on my card... when the reality is they charged me twice in a city that I've never been so the card is doing this as a safety precaution which I appreciate because I don't want them to charge me a third time. Hopefully this gets resolved today because I haven't even gotten to stay at this hotel yet and I already wish I had booked somewhere else.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amy53020
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. I am of course very concerned to learn you may already feel disappointed. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies. Our Director of Finance, John Gorski, has attempted to contact you to discuss your experience further, but I also welcome you to please contact us directly by emailing our Executive Office Manager, Julie Bridgeman, at jbridgeman@trumphotels.com.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and the high level of service we strive to provide every guest upon your upcoming visit.

Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was our first trip to Chicago, my husband planned it for my 50th birthday. If you want to feel pampered and treated exceptionally special then please stay here. Everyone caters to your every need and will do anything they can to make sure you have everything you want!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. It is truly an honor to have hosted your 50th birthday celebration and I am delighted to read you felt pampered and special. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I kept coming back to Trump Chicago, as it never disappoints. The rooms on the spa floor are superb, spacious and the bathroom are luxurious. Really enjoyed the nespresso coffee maker, a welcome treat. I recommend staying here as they never disappoint.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for your continued loyalty to our hotel. I am happy to learn you find the accommodations spacious and luxurious and we appreciate your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and her sister just returned from the Trump Chicago yesterday. They were there from Mar 27-30th in Room 2341. They went to Chicago for a girl's weekend away from their little ones at home and chose this hotel because they wanted a luxurious, pampered experience. This hotel did not disappoint. Everything from the front desk to the attache services, the room, the overall location, the spa, the in-room dining, and the bellman was nothing short of amazing. In trying to choose a highlight from their weekend away.... there is no doubt that the hotel elevated their entire weekend in Chicago and they can't just pinpoint one thing in the hotel... it was the overall hotel experience. It really was the highlight of the entire weekend. They loved the steam room and the heavily equipped locker room (everything from hair elastics, to hair dryers, to oils, etc), the massage (they both had the Trump Classic massages) and it was well worth its value. The beds were super comfy and the river view was to die for!! It was also very quiet on the floor which was so wonderful. The attache services were outstanding... they are so very helpful and are actually happy to assist you (which is so refreshing after negative experiences at other places). In fact, that was something they noticed about absolutely every person they dealt with at the hotel... they were so so friendly and helpful and so eager to serve them. The last night they ordered in-room dining.... one might think that this would be where it might fall short. No sir. Not at the Trump :) The meal was prompt, fresh, and fantastic. I would definitely return to this hotel... in fact one would be hard-pressed to consider staying anywhere else after this outstanding experience. If you have the opportunity to treat yourself, stay here. You will not regret it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your wife and her sister enjoyed a relaxing and pampered experience during their recent visit to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for taking the time to share their wonderful feedback and I appreciate you highlighting several of their favorite features. I am also happy to learn of their appraisal and acknowledgement of our team's efforts to ensure their stay was memorable. I certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a one bedroom suite for my 40th birthday at the Trump. I spent the day at the spa with my girlfriends enjoying being ultimately pampered in pure luxury as well as noshing on spa delights poolside while admiring the amazing view. I highly recommend it!! The service was outstanding, the spa manager even gave me a beautiful birthday gift of an array of spa goodies!! I then took in hair services at Anthony Cristiano located onsite as well, which was also top notch. As for our suite, absolute heaven. Everything from the hard and soft goods was high end and luxuriously comfortable. The suite provided us with a seating & dining area, fireplace, kitchen, a guest bath, of course a master bedroom and bath and one "to die for" view that even as being a local I never get tired of. From the Bose stereo system to the electric drapery right down to the Viking refrigerator there was no skimping here. That evening we hosted a small cocktail reception with 5 other couples prior to dinner reservations and the catering was phenomenal!! All around from the service to the amenities there is not much in the way you can do to top this property. I will say though, it does come with a steep price tag so be prepared but as I always say "you get what you pay for!" I could not have asked for a better 40th birthday!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuxeMama
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your 40th birthday celebration at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. It is an honor to have hosted this special occasion and I am happy to learn you and your friends felt pampered and relaxed during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for future occasions.