“Get what you pay for.....”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I had stayed at all of the top hotels in Chicago except Trump. I guess we saved the best for last. The rooms were immaculate. We were travelling with family and had 2 rooms. Both were wonderful. The staff was attentive and enthusiastic, took pride in the company. The brunch was phenomenal. I loved the brunch manager, very fun. Drinks on the Terrace were imaginative and high quality. Best view in the city. Breakfast was delicious. Our waitor was fabulous. The location gave us a chance to explore new areas, though we were still close to Michigan Ave. Trump is expensive but you definitely get what you pay for:) I say: Well Done!

Room Tip: We had a corner room so it was larger than the other room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn of your and your family's enjoyment of your recent visit to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments of not only our restaurants and facilities, but also those of our team. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had planned a great weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary in Chicago. After the reservation was made, I called ahead to make sure that they could give us a room with a nice view; actually I was very specific about what I would like to have since it was a big celebration for us. When we arrived late afternoon on Friday, our check in went very smoothly and a very friendly staff member took us to the room. To my disappointment the view from the room was exactly what I was trying to avoid, another building blocking our view. At that point I decided that I wouldn’t let them spoil my plans and made the best out of our stay. Them room was very clean and the bed /pillows were very confortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OMC14

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. I am pleased you found your room to be comfortable and that check in was smooth. I would like to apologize, however, if you did not get the room that you had requested as we specifically have City View and River View rooms. I welcome you to please contact Julie Bridgeman , Executive Office Manager, at jbridgeman@trumphotels.com so that we may further investigate your experience if you did not receive the room you had reserved. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence and celebrate future occasions at Trump Chicago. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We arrived on Sunday morning just before memorial day and were quickly checked in without hassle. The receptionist lady was slightly over-the-top but friendly and efficient. We decided to go for a long walk in the city until they got our room ready (received a confirmation per email later that day) and were given chilled bottles of water to go. Location is just about perfect.

When we got back in the afternoon, we had to pick up our deposited luggage at the reception which i think they could have taken to our room in the meantime. The room itself is beautiful, we loved the colour-theme, the nice carpet, the bathroom, the really comfortable, huge bed, the huge windows and the view. I don’t really get the sliding door concept of the bathroom but it seems to be everywhere these days. Toiletries were of high quality; the bathrobe and slippers as well. We got 2 fresh water bottles every evening which was nice.

There is a coffee-machine in the room and the kitchen area is generally well equipped, including a kettle to boil water for tea. One evening we thought we would order in tea but were put off by the high price and the compulsory service charge of 5 dollars. A tea for the two of us would have come to about 20 dollars which we found a bit too much. In-room dining prices seemed crazy to us but we later found out that they were not much more than what other hotels in the city charged.

On a cloudy, cold day we decided to go to the spa and have a massage. We went down an hour earlier to make use of the pool/sauna facilities and i have to say, this area is just wonderful. The view as you enter, the changing rooms, the amenities, the various lotions, shaving utensils, mouth-wash, gels etc. are all top notch. The receptionist lady of the spa/pool area was not very friendly and seemed a bit stuck up though. The spa area itself has a very nice waiting room with nuts and sweets as well as a great selection of high quality tea. The massage rooms were also amazing, there is quite a few of them along a long corridor. The massage was very nice and professional…at 200 dollars for 60 minutes it better be. When we were done, we just stayed and relaxed in the waiting room, enjoying the view and the tea. Walking out, we asked the receptionist lady to charge it to our room and were a bit put off by the way she told us how the usual service charge is 20% on top of the treatment price. Coming from Europe we did not really expect an additional 80 dollars on top of the 400 we paid for the massage (coming to 500 dollars spent for an hour and basically tipping as much as we would have spent on diner?) but it was also the way she said it, basically insinuating that we would be cheap if we gave anything less. Perhaps we just need to get used to exorbitant tipping on top of basically every service provided in the States and calculate appropriately. No matter how much we enjoyed the massage was, it was not worth 500 dollars.

Other areas of the hotel were nice but the bar on the 16th floor was a bit of a let-down and the entrance to their posh restaurant 16 also lacked any atmosphere. I think it would be very easy to make place this much much nicer. I have to mention that the concierge service was always ready to help and managed to make reservations for us at many busy restaurants. The doormen are very helpful and friendly and getting an umbrella from them on a rainy day was no problem at all.

Check-out was very friendly and efficient. Later that day, i realised i had forgotten my phone charger and adapter in the hotel room so i walked back to the reception to see if they had it. The receptionist told me to take a seat while gives security a call. We were in a bit of a rush so i kind of forced myself not to ask how things are after about 5 minutes and waited about 10-15 minutes, assuming that they are looking for or collecting my things from somewhere deep in the hotel. When i eventually went to the guy, he looked at me blankly and said he was sorry but he forgot about me. He said he called security, they did not find anything, they have our details in their system and would come back to us. He then went on about his business. I can understand that he was busy but i was slightly pissed off as we really were in a rush.

All in all, i would stay here again, the location and the hotel itself is very nice; the personnel this time was a bit of a mix. I would definitely not go for any treatments in the spa; skip their bar on the 16th floor and maybe go to the one at the bottom of the building.

Room Tip: Rooms start quite high up, guests usually get good views. City view is beautiful, i would not pay ex...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megya

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your detailed experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your visit overall and that you look forward to returning. While I was happy to read many of your positive comments, I want to apologize for those areas that left you disappointed. I assure you these occasions are rare and are not examples of the high standards to which we hold ourselves. I welcome you to please contact Julie Bridgeman, Executive Office Manager, at jbridgeman@trumphotels.com when your travels bring you back to Chicago to assist with your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Trump Chicago gives you the experience of floating in the clouds amidst elegance. From the moment I arrived with a warm greeting at the front desk and a warm cloth to freshen up the experience at this hotel was fantastic. I didn't want to leave. The room was so spacious and in pleasant soft greys with unbelievable views. The bathroom alone is the size of other hotel rooms in the city. The beds are amazingly comfortable. The terrace overlooking the river and lake Michigan is a must to have a cocktail. It can get a bit windy, but you will feel like you are in the clouds. THe spa is breathtaking and indoor pool so refreshing. It's hard to find a hotel in a major city as relaxing as this one is.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best views. A river view is a must. Floor 27 has great views. They have fir...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your descriptive feedback. Your words truly created an image of what we hope every guest experiences and I was delighted to learn of your admiration. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Short business trip but an excellent experience and it is my hotel of choice for Chicago trips going forward.The sercice of the staff was outsytanding. the room was beautiful and the amenities were top shelf. Ice in the ice bucket when I checked in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your business trip was an excellent experience and that you look forward to future visits to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago when travelling. Thank you for your comments regarding the room and amenities. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back upon future visits.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our suite was everything we expected it to be in a Trump Hotel. Comfortable with a flare of contemporary. The staff was exceptional and the view was breathtaking. We only life once, so take these moments and enjoy every second of it.

Room Tip: Higher up with a river view. The corner suites are massive.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your photo as well as your kind feedback of your experience. I look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent hotel. All staff are trained to a high standard. Room large with everything you need. Centrally located just minutes from the "magnificent mile" Quite pricey but you get what you pay for. Would happily stay again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your kind acknowledgement of our team. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your room and that our location was ideal for your visit. I certainly look forward to welcoming your return.