“Service, Service, Service”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #27 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the third time I've stayed at the Trump, always on business. The rooms are big, clean and have terrific amenities. But what makes the Trump heads above most all other hotels is the service. While the hotel is busy, I never get that feeling of frantic activity like so many other hotels. It's calm. I wonder if their mantra is "Your wish is my command" because that's what it feels like. Love Chicago, love this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and their efforts to ensure your stay is relaxing and comfortable. We are certainly honored and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,801)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't know where to start. The service by every staff member was great. The room, 1456, was amazing. I feel so spoiled after staying here and will hold every hotel to this standard. My guess is that 99% of the hotels at this price point will not come close to comparing to this. Love it!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Everyone working here has been very well trained. The rooms are beautifully decorated. Even the standard size rooms are quite spacious and have a kitchenette. Drinks on the terrace bar are great. We did have to wait about 30 minutes to get a table. I would think they would ask if you were a hotel guest and get you seated faster if you are. Another little hiccup was that I missed a call from the hotel. When I called back and explained that there was no message saying who called or what they wanted, the man at the front desk just kind of said, "So..what can I help you with?" Other than that our stay was great. The views and location are awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the location, views and your room during your recent visit at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues as we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your experience exceeds your expectations. I have noted your comment regarding the call you received as well as the wait you encountered at the Terrace and will take this feedback onboard as an opportunity for improvement.

Thank you for staying at Trump Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

After watching several seasons of “The Apprentice” where The Donald fired people left and right for their incompetence and after the reading the reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor, my expectations of the Trump Chicago Hotel were sky high. Perhaps they were a little too high to be realistic??

Yes, the Trump Chicago is one of the best hotels in Chicago and yes, if you ever visit the city, at some point or another you should consider this hotel as your destination (even if just to have a drink at the amazing terrace), but know that even in a property owned by “The Donald”, there is still some room for improvement.

Here are the Good, the Ok and the Ugly on my five-day visit to the city (and the Trump) for a business convention:

The Good:

- Great location in the middle of the city and within walking distance to all the action (business and otherwise).

- Great hotel service. From the valet people, to the receptionists, to the people in housekeeping, to the concierge: everyone (at the hotel) offered great customer service!

- Amazing dinner experience at “Sixteen”. The tasting menu was delicious and offered enormous amounts of food and wine.

- Great views from the terrace outside of the restaurant. Good healthier/lighter & vegetarian options available on the menu for people with specific diets.

- Great view from our Spa Grand Deluxe King room (especially at night. Wow!!)

- Great name recognition and bragging rights to your friends. lol

The Ok:

- The gym. It offers great views of the river, but it has a Thin and narrow (almost awkward) layout and is equipped with cheap looking/feeling cardio equipment and machines. We saw several people getting daily workouts while staying at the hotel. I am sure that many guests would appreciate an upgrade to more professional gym quality equipment instead of what is currently there.

- The Spa was also somewhat disappointing. While there is nothing specifically wrong with the Spa, we were expecting something a little fancier (more Vegas style, perhaps?) instead of just plain vanilla.

- Our room, although large at about 800sqf, had a lot of wasted space. More than half the room was unutilized empty space. The closet and the bathroom where very small for the size of the room and there is not a table to sit down and eat when ordering room service.

The Ugly:

- Our room service experience was very bad. After a full day of work at a business convention, we were looking forward to ordering some room service. However, after and hour and a half of wait for a Caesar chicken wrap and a salad, we called back to cancel. We received no apology for the delay at all.

- Breakfast is also served at “Sixteen”, but the service during the morning is anything but. Waiting 40 minutes for some eggs and granola maybe ok when on vacation, but it is not acceptable for people wanting to grab something to eat before starting their workday.

Tips:

- Do try to get a room with river views
- The concierge is great help when planning activities around the city, transportation or making dinner reservations.
- Do make some time and visit the Terrace for a drink of something to eat. You'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: Aks for rooms facing the river for better views. The spa rooms are lower in the building and are de...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments; I am very pleased that you consider Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as one the best hotels in the city and that you recommend a visit to your fellow travelers. I was most happy to read your recognition of our team in various departments and their efforts to ensure you were well taken care of.

While I appreciate your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies for those areas which left you to feel disappointed. Please be assured we pay close attention to feedback such as yours as an opportunity to improve our facilities and services. I will most certainly share with our teams your comments of the spa and workout facilities as well as those of your In Room Dining and breakfast experiences. I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for a weekend getaway and the experience was the best. The staff was truly accommodating and went the extra mile to make the experience enjoyable. Very expensive but you'll feel like royalty!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn you regard your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago with your girlfriend as the best. Thank you for your acknowledgment of our team's efforts and dedication to ensuring you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon future visits and occasions.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a girls weekend last year and it was a great hotel. Small lobby, that offered you dented warm towels to freshen your hands with. The service was exceptional! I was very hungover one morning and they brought me Pepto and 7up on a silver tray...they didn't even seem to judge me for my request. We had a king suite and the view was amazing, nice coffee, and a small kitchen. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well appointed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and that you enjoyed your girls weekend in Chicago. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent stay with high quality food, beautiful views, and great location. Was provided with complimentary car service for first stay and given a top floor upgrade on arrival. Memorable stay! Beware the amenities are Expensive and gratuity on anything is an automatic 18 percent fee but all worth it! Would gap oil recommend for anyone who can afford the overall stay.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower for your recent visit. I am happy to read your stay was memorable and that you enjoyed the food, views and location and that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities including complimentary car service. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.