Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bartlett, Illinois
“Awesome”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful rooms overlooking the river and the lake. All of the people that work there are very professional.Maggie the attaché was great to work with, a very sweet and professional girl that knows how to please the Trump customer.
Steven the head concierge was very attentive but one of his associates should not be working there. This was brought to Stevens attention.
Bellman and driver of the Trump cars were great as well.
Everyone from the doorman to the cleaning staff are right on. As soon as you leave your room they are there to clean it or do the turn down service. You never see them, there are no carts in the hallways , they just appear, do the job and gone.
Staff in Sixteen are very attentive as well,especially Mr. Vito who remembers your name and even our granddaughters name each morning.
They even remembered the kind if teas that both my husband and I ordered on the first day, and 4 days later.
We can't say enough good things about the Trump.
Also as far as the Trump sign goes, it's fine. It's large enough to see when your out on the lake or on the river, it's not garish . We all thought it's tastefully done.
We love this place and will be back.

Stayed June 2014
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read your recognition of Maggie, Steven, Vito, our Bell team as well as our house car drivers and many others. It is certainly pleasing to learn that our team's efforts to ensure you enjoyed your stay are so warmly acknowledged. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from a stay at the Trump for a birthday celebration with my husband. This is our second stay in as many years and what a poor showing round two made.

The hotel was filled with youngish, loud groups cramming 4-6 people per room and generally creating a "frat-style" road trip atmosphere. Waits for the elevators were long and common areas were rowdy which resulted in a somewhat stressful experience, rather than provide any sort of repose from the busy city.

Staff were generally aloof and uninterested. We booked through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts and wound up calling the concierge at Amex for reservations when calls to the "dedicated concierge at Trump went unanswered at first and then ultimately proved unhelpful.

The hotel is showing signs of wear and tear (suite was dusty, windows were dirty, resulting in a "tired" atmosphere). Most disturbing of all was the state of our bed linens. We were out late and collapsed into bed without paying any attention to the sheets. Waking up the next morning, we were greeted with a previous guests leftover snot from blowing his or her nose on the pillow and a brown stain on the sheets. The front desk sent housekeeping up to change the linens, but the damage had been done. We had slept in dirty sheets and paid dearly for the privilege! Yuck!

The Amex perks associated were generous - $125 credit towards any spa service or dining, complimentary breakfast, late check-out and room upgrade. Location is ideal and the view from the Terrace is spectacular!

We have stayed at the other "fine hotels" in Chicago associated (Waldorf, Ritz, Peninsula, Four Seasons) and honestly I wouldn't hesitate to return to any of those. We chose the Trump solely because it was the least expensive of the choices. Won't make that mistake again. For another $40 you can experience true luxury in Chicago in one of the previously mentioned hotels.

I would say: Go for the Terrace View, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern I learned of the issue with your linens and I want to assure you we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided and take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you back into the city.

I welcome you to contact us directly by emailing Julie Bridgeman, Executive Office Manager, so that we may fully investigate your experience. I trust we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and that you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the third time I've stayed at the Trump, always on business. The rooms are big, clean and have terrific amenities. But what makes the Trump heads above most all other hotels is the service. While the hotel is busy, I never get that feeling of frantic activity like so many other hotels. It's calm. I wonder if their mantra is "Your wish is my command" because that's what it feels like. Love Chicago, love this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and their efforts to ensure your stay is relaxing and comfortable. We are certainly honored and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Morton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't know where to start. The service by every staff member was great. The room, 1456, was amazing. I feel so spoiled after staying here and will hold every hotel to this standard. My guess is that 99% of the hotels at this price point will not come close to comparing to this. Love it!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming your return.

Palos Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Everyone working here has been very well trained. The rooms are beautifully decorated. Even the standard size rooms are quite spacious and have a kitchenette. Drinks on the terrace bar are great. We did have to wait about 30 minutes to get a table. I would think they would ask if you were a hotel guest and get you seated faster if you are. Another little hiccup was that I missed a call from the hotel. When I called back and explained that there was no message saying who called or what they wanted, the man at the front desk just kind of said, "So..what can I help you with?" Other than that our stay was great. The views and location are awesome.

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the location, views and your room during your recent visit at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues as we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your experience exceeds your expectations. I have noted your comment regarding the call you received as well as the wait you encountered at the Terrace and will take this feedback onboard as an opportunity for improvement.

Thank you for staying at Trump Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

After watching several seasons of “The Apprentice” where The Donald fired people left and right for their incompetence and after the reading the reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor, my expectations of the Trump Chicago Hotel were sky high. Perhaps they were a little too high to be realistic??

Yes, the Trump Chicago is one of the best hotels in Chicago and yes, if you ever visit the city, at some point or another you should consider this hotel as your destination (even if just to have a drink at the amazing terrace), but know that even in a property owned by “The Donald”, there is still some room for improvement.

Here are the Good, the Ok and the Ugly on my five-day visit to the city (and the Trump) for a business convention:

The Good:

- Great location in the middle of the city and within walking distance to all the action (business and otherwise).

- Great hotel service. From the valet people, to the receptionists, to the people in housekeeping, to the concierge: everyone (at the hotel) offered great customer service!

- Amazing dinner experience at “Sixteen”. The tasting menu was delicious and offered enormous amounts of food and wine.

- Great views from the terrace outside of the restaurant. Good healthier/lighter & vegetarian options available on the menu for people with specific diets.

- Great view from our Spa Grand Deluxe King room (especially at night. Wow!!)

- Great name recognition and bragging rights to your friends. lol

The Ok:

- The gym. It offers great views of the river, but it has a Thin and narrow (almost awkward) layout and is equipped with cheap looking/feeling cardio equipment and machines. We saw several people getting daily workouts while staying at the hotel. I am sure that many guests would appreciate an upgrade to more professional gym quality equipment instead of what is currently there.

- The Spa was also somewhat disappointing. While there is nothing specifically wrong with the Spa, we were expecting something a little fancier (more Vegas style, perhaps?) instead of just plain vanilla.

- Our room, although large at about 800sqf, had a lot of wasted space. More than half the room was unutilized empty space. The closet and the bathroom where very small for the size of the room and there is not a table to sit down and eat when ordering room service.

The Ugly:

- Our room service experience was very bad. After a full day of work at a business convention, we were looking forward to ordering some room service. However, after and hour and a half of wait for a Caesar chicken wrap and a salad, we called back to cancel. We received no apology for the delay at all.

- Breakfast is also served at “Sixteen”, but the service during the morning is anything but. Waiting 40 minutes for some eggs and granola maybe ok when on vacation, but it is not acceptable for people wanting to grab something to eat before starting their workday.

Tips:

- Do try to get a room with river views
- The concierge is great help when planning activities around the city, transportation or making dinner reservations.
- Do make some time and visit the Terrace for a drink of something to eat. You'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: Aks for rooms facing the river for better views. The spa rooms are lower in the building and are de...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments; I am very pleased that you consider Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as one the best hotels in the city and that you recommend a visit to your fellow travelers. I was most happy to read your recognition of our team in various departments and their efforts to ensure you were well taken care of.

While I appreciate your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies for those areas which left you to feel disappointed. Please be assured we pay close attention to feedback such as yours as an opportunity to improve our facilities and services. I will most certainly share with our teams your comments of the spa and workout facilities as well as those of your In Room Dining and breakfast experiences. I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for a weekend getaway and the experience was the best. The staff was truly accommodating and went the extra mile to make the experience enjoyable. Very expensive but you'll feel like royalty!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn you regard your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago with your girlfriend as the best. Thank you for your acknowledgment of our team's efforts and dedication to ensuring you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon future visits and occasions.