“Trump - not only for the rich and famous”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #26 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Trump hotel in Chicago for two nights. This is truly a magnificent establishment; with attention to every detail. The service was excellent on every aspect. I enjoyed my room, the view and the comforts afforded me.

For the average person like me; one would think it would be unaffordable and out of reach, but I was pleasantly surprised with my final bill - it was not way out there. I think once in a life time everyone should surround themselves with this kind of luxury.

I was quite happy with the TV in the bathroom; so I could take a shower and continue watching my show I was watching in the bedroom. The only negative note I had - I did not like the bath tub. It was a regular tub, not big enough to fit my 5'9'' frame comfortably. That was the only downside for me.

Room Tip: My friend was on the 14th floor and complained of noise. I was on the 21st floor and loved it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted to read you regard our team's efforts to ensure you have an enjoyable stay as excellent and that you found comfort in your room. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Celebrated my birthday at the Trump Chicago for the weekend. Rooms are spacious and the bathroom was wonderful with it's deep tub and added touch with the TV in the mirror. Chocolate upon arrival with classical music being played. Member of the staff delivered a piece of raspberry birthday cake candle lit and all!! Thank you!! Staff very well trained and very polite. Excellent location. Well done Mr. Trump! Will definitely be staying at the Trump when visiting Chicago again. Top notch.

Room Tip: If you can reserve a river view room. Beautiful. Being able to see the river with all the boats and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for regarding your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as exceptional. We make every effort to deliver upon the high standards we set for ourselves so as to ensure every guest has the same enjoyable experience you shared. I am delighted you had a pleasant birthday celebration and we look forward to welcoming you back upon future occasions.

T. Colm O'Callghan

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay at Trump Tower Chicago for a week, and my experience could not be better. Rooms are huge and service is impecable, every day there's a new pamper such as classical music set to be played at the speaker, pillow menu, fresh fruits or chocolate. There's also a mini kitchen inside the room with complimentary Nespresso. The hotel restaurant is great and with a stunning river view from the terrace and from the rooms. Would definitely come back for a new pampering season!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you felt pampered in your large room and that you enjoyed many of our amenities during your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was also happy to read your kind appreciation of the views of the river from both Sixteen and your room. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Really impressive looking hotel as you first walk in and the candles in the evening are great; it is in an excellent location too.
However the 'wow factor' for me anyway, went quickly. The rooms aren't as big as you would expect from the pictures on all the booking sites so immediately felt let down! Also there were holes in the bedding which I was surprised at, they didn't offer any compensation when clothing went missing presumably wrapped up in the bed linen, I'm certain the towels weren't changed whilst we were there although can't prove this and the ironing board (first world problems i know, I appreciate I sound like a brat) was awful. It was also impossible to get on to the roof terrace either because they are too busy (even for residents) or there is an event on so it's closed.
The room was bright, the view from the room was fine, you get nice chocolates on arrival, the turndown service was fine with a bottle of water on your first night, staff are just lovely, and you get to tell people that you're staying there; but genuinely feel our money would have gone further elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choosing a spa room will mean you'll be on the same floor or one up from the gym, good if you i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FloydOnHoliday

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome constructive comments. It is of course concerning that I have learned housekeeping did not meet your expectations and that you were left to feel disappointed by your stay. I assure you this is not our standard and I welcome you to please contact Julie Bridgeman, Executive Office Manager, at jbridgeman@trumphotels.com so that we may further investigate your experience.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments and also for commending our team. I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We just returned from our 2 night trip to Chicago - fabulous city! Would go again, but won't stay at the Trump again with so many great hotels in the vicinity. We've stayed several times at the Trump Toronto and have been blown away every time by their customer service and attention detail. Trump Toronto has always gone above and beyond and they are our go-to in Toronto. However, at the Trump in Chicago they didn't seem to have the same attention to detail or care. They would not honor our "free upgrade" for joining their loyalty program (despite seeing it in the system). We ended up paying the $50 per night upgrade to look over the river - but it was a side angle and really not worth it. They did kindly check us in early, but we didn't realize until we had unpacked that it was a poorly designed disabled room. Neither my husband or I are disabled - but thought it wasn't a big deal until showering and it was absolutely freezing cold as there was no shower door and the bathroom was large. Not pleasant and quite dangerous as the shower floor was extremely slippery - they should definitely rethink that. Later on that night, we woke to our neighbours chatting and laughing at 3:30 in the morning. They weren't being rowdy, they were being perfectly reasonably from having a late night out - but the sound proofing is terrible and they might as well have been sitting in our room. After a lousy night sleep we moved rooms the next day to the same type of room - which was much better but still disappointed with how the first part of our stay went.

Room Tip: 1) River view isn't worth the $50 a night. 2) Because of poor sound-proofing, ask for a non-adjo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Khannah74

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. While I was pleased to read your past enjoyment of our sister hotel in Toronto, I am of course very concerned to learn of your inconveniences during your stay with us. I welcome you to contact us directly by emailing jbridgeman@trumphotels.com so that we may fully investigate your experience. I assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided and take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans should bring you to Chicago.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I live in the Chicagoland area and this hotel it the bomb. It is very high class and they think of everything! We had a wonderful view of the river from the 25 floor and the service was over the top. My 8 year old daughter was given a "Trumps Kids" hat, coloring book, kid size robe and slippers and a stuffed animal for free. Not to mention the cake and the treat they send up for her birthday, which was last month even. They are wonderful and really do cater to your every need. When they say you get what you pay for, you really do at the Trump.

Room Tip: ask for a river view room they are 2504, 2404, any number that ends in a 4.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you and your daughter enjoyed your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for your recognition of our team's desire to ensure our guests' needs and expectations are met and exceeded. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome your family back in the near future,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed again at the Trump in Chicago March of this year.
All I can say about this place is that it is Gold Class all the way. From the bell hops and reception to bar staff, catering, corporate/event services and housekeeping the service is peerless.
Of course it comes with a price tag, but my company has secured a corporate rate which makes the Trump International most affordable.
In the heart of Downtown Chicago, and right behind the fabulous Michigan Avenue, the Trump International is a great place to stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for your appraisal of team's efforts to ensure you receive peerless service. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.