We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2013. It was probably in our top 3 best hotel experience ever (and we have stayed at a lot of properties over those years, both mid-range and higher end). We returned for our 26th anniversary, and unfortunately there was a serious hiccup in service which diminished the stay. We ordered in-room dining upon arrival, as we had the year before. My wife has a serious food allergy to eggs, which we advised when placing the order online during the reservations process. We were greeted at checkin and the allergy was acknowledged and we were assured that the food would not have eggs. When it arrived (a cheese plate with crackers and some chocolate covered strawberries), a couple of the items looked like they might have eggs. We called in room dining before consuming them and after much checking with "managers" they told us the food was safe to eat. It was not. After my wife threw up (something that only happens when exposed to eggs), a manager appeared to fill out some insurance forms. But other than comping the in room dining item there was no other accommodation offered, and our request for them to investigate the items we suspected caused the problem was never followed up on. Rest of the stay was good, dined outside and had a great meal. Spa, health club and pool are excellent though the pool lacks a whirlpool, which is a really strange omission in a property this upscale. Bottom line is I would highly recommend this hotel generally but if you have special requests, the staff is not always knowledgeable enough to deliver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago