“Beautiful hotel suites and perfectly located near everything!”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our third stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. The suites are beautiful and the views of the city, Chicago River, and Lake Michigan are wonderful.

Our suite was equipped with a sub zero refrigerator, stove, dishes, silverware, pans, fireplace, two bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows in both the main area and the bedroom with wall switches controlling drapes. The furnishings are elegant and understated. For those who enjoy watching TV while taking a bath there's one installed in the bathroom mirror across from the tub.

Naturally as with any 5 star hotel Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago is loaded with amenities including restaurants, spa, swimming pool, gym, and bars. Everything is expensive but the service is outstanding! A great place to be if you want to treat yourself or celebrate something special.

The hotel is perfectly located in the heartbeat of Chicago where you can walk to just about any place you'd want to visit. We walked over to the theatre district where we saw "Motown the Musical". There are lots or restaurants as well as tourist attractions in the area along with River Walk. Any other place you'd want to go is within a short cab ride.

If I had to ping the hotel at all I would say they should have a room safe in every suite and the $54 parking fee per night seems high even by Chicago standards! :-)

Nevertheless we'll be back!

Room Tip: Without a doubt it is expensive to stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. I would su...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago; I am delighted to read that you enjoy hotel, service, and amenities. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

ok, so the cost of the room is ridiculous, but if you can, even just for one night, stay here!
the basic rooms are larger then any others anywhere. From the moment you arrive,
the front desk staff makes you feel at home. The lobby is very subtle, nothing over the top there.
Location is great, parking is again overpriced. We parked across the street and saved a few $$.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love the way you are treated from the moment you arrive. Staff is amazing! I was there to take my daughter and her friend to Lollapalooza, but I wanted something nice for myself, so the Trump Hotel was perfect. Less then a mile walk to Grant park for the concert, and I could walk to Michigan Avenue's Magnificent Mile.
The rooms were very nicely done, large with great views.
The hotel helped make the weekend a perfect trip!

Room Tip: You can't go bad with any room in this hotel. I really like the rooms with the view of the river...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property; I am pleased to read that you were impressed by our guest rooms, views, and customer service. We hope to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago when your travels bring you back to the city.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

In as much as we didn't have time for much of a vacation this summer, we decided to go "all out" and stay at the Trump Hotel in Chicago while we were on a college tour. This is a world-class hotel in all categories.

When we checked in, the staff was about the best I've ever encountered. The experience was great and very fast. We always use the American Express Platinum Fine Hotels and Resorts program to make reservations at hotels and the program almost always includes and upgrade, and upgrade they did! You could run around the two rooms and kitchen we had and not hit any furniture. Of course we would not be using a chef and entertaining as the finely furnished dining and kitchen areas would easily allow, but the floor-to-ceiling windows went the entire length of the living room/dining room area which probably extended 70 feet in width. My daughter slept on the pull-out couch in front of the faux fireplace. She had her own bathroom.

The master suite included a bathroom which was second-to-none, a very comfortable bed and again an expanse of windows which looked directly down the Chicago river to Lake Michigan. Unbelievable.

Included in our stay was breakfast for two which we had delivered and it was right on time. We also visited the 17th.-floor restaurant/outdoor deck. To reserve a seat at the bar or any single seat at a table, you had to come up with $100, EACH. As the place was packed, it must have been good. All the people on the deck where well-dressed and based on the pricing of everything at this hotel, had to be on a large expense account.

We did have drinks inside, facing down the river to the lake with the Wrigley Building and the Tribune building featured prominently in our view. We then had the pleasure of paying $20 for the drinks and $9 for the diet coke for my daughter.

There is no doubt that this place is expensive, but it is the pinnacle of hotels. It is in a fantastic location downtown. If you've got the expense account or some extra cash and want to pamper yourself, this is the place in Chicago for you.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Facing the river is the best.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago while in town visiting colleges with your family. I am very pleased to read that you consider our hotel world-class in all categories. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Pros: Good location. Close to a lot of nice things. Nice workout room.

Cons: I could not get a turn down service, despite requesting over and over. Turn down is not usually something I need, but the bedding here was complicated with lots of decorative pillows and it cluttered up the room to just take it off and keep it on the floor. Also, fresh towels are nice. The restaurant has very limited selection and is too expensive for what it offers. Also, there was often a wait in the morning for breakfast (I would not have eaten there, but I unfortunately had a package that included a sixty dollar breakfast credit.) The nail salon part of the spa offered very uncomfortable seating (straight up and down bench) which was terrible for the hour long pedicures my daughter and I had booked. The spa had cleanliness issues and locker issues over and over again (not opening with code and requiring an attendant's assistance.) Things is our room broke (the toilet, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall, the switch to operate the curtain to open and see the view. Things breaking really give a hotel a shabby feeling.)

I stayed at another location in Chicago before coming to the Trump. It was called the Talbott. It was lovely and I wish I had just stayed there the entire time. Trump was much more expensive for much lesser quality and service. There is just nothing special about it and I could not believe the problems we experienced each and every day we were there. Very, very disappointing. Recommend you look somewhere else and avoid this place.

5  Thank Trista411
Reviewed 29 July 2014

from the moment i arrived, the superbly trained front desk staff gave me a clue that someone is managing this huge property with the attention of a small boutique hotel.
then I saw the room: HUGE and meticulously planned, cleaned, organized and executed in such a perfect combination of business and pleasure (outlets everywhere!), an entire efficient kitchen facility, terrific bathroom/shower/toiletries and flawless housekeeping. Bravo. As a former hotel owner, i'm in the business and know what it takes to pull this off. Bravo again. Thanks I'll be back.

Room Tip: city view was terrific.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for kind recommendation as well as your recognition of our team's efforts to ensure your stay is relaxing and comfortable. I certainly look forward to welcoming you upon future occasions.

T. Colm O'Callaghan

Reviewed 28 July 2014

It is a beautiful looking building, great views, good location.
Service was pretty good.
The Lobby is very ordinary.
It is more like a 3 star Hotel (not a 5 star Hotel).
Way overpriced, mediocre food, mediocre bed.
I would prefer a Westin or Sheraton over Trump.
If you want a 5 star experience, go to the Ritz, Four Seasons, or Peninsula.

1  Thank Brian L