“The best hotel we have stayed in Chicago”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a great hotel. Our room, overlooking the river and lake, was large, comfortable, and most importantly, very quiet. The service first class throughout and when we did have a minor issue it was dealt with quickly and efficiently by the management. (We had a poor meal on the terrace at dinner.)

We enjoyed late breakfasts in the restaurant where the food was good and the service formal yet relaxed. The swimming pool and spa were of a high standard and never busy.

We did consider other five star hotels but were very pleased with our choice. (The Langham is just behind TT so I asked to see room there. A very helpful lady on reception showed me a room but I preferred the Trump although the lobby area is much nicer at the Langham.)

Should we visit Chicago again I would only stay at Trump Tower.

The two best meals we had in Chicago were at GT Fish and Oyster and Eately

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and highlight the hotel features you enjoyed the most including the views from your room, breakfast in Sixteen and the pool and Spa at Trump. Thank you for your recommendation; we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I reserved a room at the Trump Hotel through our company's website before I visited Chicago this week. They had a negotiated room rate that seemed "reasonable" for a Trump property and based on other hotels in the Mag Mile area. I got in relatively late and the check-in was very efficient. When I arrived in my room, I had to recheck the rate on my travel reservation because the room was huge and on a corner with a magnificent view of the river. I later found out that I was upgraded - now I'm spoiled however - so I'll definitely be back.
As you would expect - service was first class throughout and the attention the smallest detail was magnificent.
For those that like to workout - ask for a room on one of the "Spa floors". That will put you on the same for as the first class gym facility.

Room Tip: If you like to work out in first class facilities - ask for a room on one of the Spa floors.

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read your enjoyed your first experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for commenting on our team's efforts to ensure your visit is enjoyable and relaxing by paying attention to the small details. I certainly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

One of the newest hotels in Chicago, it's hard to beat the amenities of the large rooms, great views, extremely attentive staff, and central location.

The rooms are large, with kitchen, comfortable seating, electric curtain and extensive lighting control. The TV in bathroom mirror is a nice touch.

Within easy walking to Water Tower Place, Rush Street, museums and more.

Look forward to a future stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was very pleased to read your kind appraisal of our services, facilities and property. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our first stay, we're Chicago natives & go downtown often. A bit out of the way for walking to sights, shopping, but easy walk to lots of good foodie places. Main dining room dinner took hours - spotty service with most tables empty. Started at about 6:30, salad served over an hour later, took 20 minutes to get coffee after dinner - very awkward for a business meeting. Couldn't find the wait person, no attention during or between courses. Veal cutlets heavily breaded, greasy, salty. Octopus portion pretty small but tasty. Nice music during dinner made it easier to be there for almost 3 hours. Overall, a nice enough experience & we'll dine out if we go back.

Room Tip: River view looking towards the lake was truly spectacular. Has to be one of the best in the city!
3  Thank David G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recently visiting Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. I'm happy to read you found your room to be quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for your notes regarding dinner at Sixteen; I have noted your concerns and will certainly share them with the team. I trust you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to dine with us. Thank you again for choosing Trump Tower Chicago. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with a great roof top bar overlooking the city. Room was perfect. Would definitely return for a business trip or weekend in Chicago. I did not have time to go to spa or workout facility.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback of your stay and I was delighted to read you enjoyed your room and experience on the Terrace. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I hope you might have the opportunity to enjoy the Spa at Trump upon your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you dont find this place to be a beautiful 5 star hotel, you just arent able to be pleased. Rooms are large and have gorgeous views. Big bathroom, little kitchen area and a comfortable sofa as well. Dont forget to look at the pillow menu and order something soothing!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and recommendations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

A wonderful hotel in the heart of Chicago next to the river. Our room was nice overlooking the river and over Michigan Lake. Check in was swiftly without any complications. We do enjoy the breakfast in the morning as well, all as what we would have expected. The only downside was we could not get a late checkout at 3PM as the room apparently was allocated for the next customer.

Room Tip: lake view rooms, great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read your kind comments regarding your check in process, as well as breakfast and the views from your room. I am truly happy you enjoyed your experience and I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.