Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,876 results
All reviewsthe riverpillow menuspa roomterrace bartv in the mirrorfull kitchenturn down servicenespresso machinerobes and slippersin room diningfloor to ceiling windowshealth clubone bedroom suitefour seasonswrigley buildingroom servicecity view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Top to bottom an excellent hotel to stay in when visiting Chicago. Conveniently located. Great amenities and service. Highly recommend it. We were always greeted with pleasantries. Room service and breakfast at the restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read you regard your stay as excellent and that your experience with our team was pleasant. I truly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We live in the Chicago suburbs and get into the city when we can for weekend events. We have stayed at several in-city hotels (use hotel tonight app) but also had a gift card to the Trump. It's a beautiful 5-start high-end hotel. The staff has always been nice; almost too much "over the top" but that's to be expected. The room was very well appointed and had things like a bathroom TV built into the mirror.

About the only negatives are: 1) Watch out for cost of valet parking $70 versus self-park for $50 or nearby garages for $40. 2) The restaurant on 16th floor is quite expensive. The outdoor patio is very nice but quite a long wait; unless you're a hotel guest that you can get seated quickly. We haven't tried the Trump Spa yet, but it too is very nice (14th floor) but quite expensive relative to suburban spas.

Photo is beautiful view of Chicago river from 24th floor....ask for view...maybe or maybe not.

Room Tip: Ask at front desk for higher floor and river/city view
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I was pleased to read your appraisal of our property and facilities and I'm happy you found it well-appointed. Thank you again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We just got back from a long labor day weekend in Chicago at the Trump International Hotel. We are a family of 5 so we stayed in a suite. The room was very spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff welcomed my 3 kids with cookies and milk and some Trump kids hats when we arrived.
From the moment we arrived until checkout the experience was top notch. From delivering an xbox, to swimming at the pool, to giving us a care package type bag for use at the beach, the hotel lived up to the Trump name. They really accommodated all of our needs for making this trip special.

The concierge desk was extremely helpful and particularly Steve really helped plan our trip from our home base at Trump.

I would highly recommend it to anyone especially families as it is centrally located and a great hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your holiday vacation at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago with your family. Thank you for highlighting on Trip Advisor your favorite amenities and features such as the pool, Beach Attache Services and Xbox set up. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

With the kids spending some time with their grandparent, the wife and I opted to spend a long weekend in the city for some great meals and relaxation. In the past the Four Seasons was the spot of choice but we decided to give Trump a look. It was excellent. Top notch service from the moment we checked in. The room was not quite ready but a few free cocktails at the Terrace bar and a room upgrade more then compensated for an hours delay. The folks at the Terrace were amazing throughout our stay and we had many a good glass of wine and drink admiring the great views of the Wrigley building, Lake and river. The spa and workout facilities were both very good and on par to what you would expect of a first class hotel like this. Great experience and I am sure we will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your staycation at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago was excellent and that you regard our service standard as top notch. Thank you for sharing your experience on the Terrace as well as The Spa at Trump and Health Club. I am delighted you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I am coming for the last 5 yrs in Chicago every couple of months for business and I was always staying at the Peninsula Hotel. One time Peninsula was not available, I think maybe 3-4 yrs ago and I stayed for the first time at the Trump. I was upgraded to a suite and since then I always stayed at the Trump and I have been always upgraded to a suite. I was feeling always like being at home when i was coming to the Trump Hotel, felt a valued customer and in love with the place. This time was a bad experience throughout. They told me that they could not upgrade me (talked to the front desk manager I think his first name was starting with A and he was not helpful whatsoever telling me that he could not upgrade me even if I pay 1 M $. I felt he was rude and unprofessional and when I told him that I am a frequent customer and I booked through fine hotels and resorts told me that this doesn't matter if there is no room availability. He told me that I could stay for one night in a suite and the second night I have to move to a regular room. He would keep an eye for me for any cancellations. I checked in around 1100pm and the lady in the front desk told me that I was booked for two nights in the suite. I was very happy that they were able to accommodate me and next day I went for breakfast around 1030 am at 16 restaurant. They were late with the order for at least 45 minutes. They apologized and they made a small discount for the inconvenience. During my breakfast I get a phone call from the front desk that I have to move to a regular room because the suite is not available for the next day. When I told them that the front desk told me last night that I was booked for both days in the suite they told me that she make a mistake and I have to move ASAP. They moved me into a regular room. This is the first time that I stayed in a regular room at the Trump and I would say that it is worse than the other 5 star hotels in town. I would not have stayed at the Trump if I had to be in a regular room although the suites are excellent! I did not feel a valued customer at all this time and I would rate this experience a bad one. There are many ways to make somebody feel valued even if you cannot upgrade him to the room of his choice. Definitely not by telling him that it doesn't matter if he always stays in your hotel and this coming from your front desk manager! Bad experience throughout!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business