I live in Chicago, but had the chance to stay at Trump a few months ago and couldn't pass it up. I've traveled quite a bit and stayed in everything from lowly hostels (Amsterdam, Munich, etc.) to a plantation-style resort (Costa Rica). Plus, I used to work in the hotel industry and got to see lots of "behind the scenes" detail.
This experience gives me, IMHO, a pretty balanced take on what to expect from a luxury stay. With that perspective, I can confidently say that Trump deserves top marks and recognition as a luxury location.
I don't fault other reviewers for their notes on attention to detail and expectations of service. Certainly, they have a right to expect nothing but the best. What puzzles me is the quality and number of accolades each review gives, only to leave behind a low star rating!
My experience: greeted warmly and asked if we needed help to our room. As noted, we're from Chicago and didn't have much stuff, so we went alone. The room was stunning. Our view faced the Northwest, which is prettiest at night. Of course I would have enjoyed a better view of downtown, but that was my doing--can't fault the hotel there!
My wife and I got a couples massage--my first massage ever--in the exquisite spa. Seriously, it's the kind of place you only see in movies. The attention and service there was perfect. For a guy who didn't think he could lay still for an hour massage, I was surprisingly happy as a clam. What a wonderful experience.
We went back to the room and ordered dinner. When they brought it in, our table was transformed and I felt like I was in a 5-star restaurant. Very nice.
The food is mind-blowing. I had the chance to try an appetizer at the bar at Trump a few months earlier and still rave about it. The full meal was even better. Perhaps most impressive is that they were able to get everything up to the room hot and tasty. The was the first time I've had room service where the quality hadn't been compromised.
We'd planned on going out in the evening, but opted to stay in. I think it's a good sign for Trump when I'd rather lay around and watch pay-per-view (IronMan) in bed instead of heading a block over to Andy's Jazz!
Our breakfast the next morning was wonderful, and our check-out experience flawless. I found every person to be helpful and pleasant and the quality of the rooms and amenities world-class.
If you are just looking for a place to crash and have a few hundred dollars to spend, you're going to get a great bed and fantastic food. If you're looking for a nice getaway, whether from Chicago or not, Trump is a memorable indulgence. Rather than trying to convince yourself if wasn't worth it, relish the experience: visit the spa, eat the food, get a drink in the bar--let yourself feel like royalty for a bit! You won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago